Speling - verry importent!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROTFLMFAO Moosey @ bumdart and cracker.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how kids will spell when they arrive into the real world of "work" and realise they can't use there stupid crappy talk when emailing a prospective client or a customer.

I can see it now...."ur carz redy pik id up d sarvo eh bro" or " waz up, got sum stuf 4 ya cum get it." :shock: :lol:

yeah i am with you moose. Not so much the spelling if it is just typos, because everyone makes those, i do every second post most likely. Its when you get all this dribble because people are too lazy to type words out.

i just ignore posts where english isn't used the way it is ment to be used. So all those people that want to use slang, your posts are a waste of time!! :)

Spot on Hugsta, it's all very well saying it doesn't matter and I don't care but out in the real world these simple things like reading and writing can be quite important.

Look, I'm the first to admit I don't post much of value in many threads, but at least you can read my tripe :D .......and.....I'll also stoop as low as doing the txt abbreviation thing when I'm using my mobile, but to use it on a forum is the ultimate in lazy!

Hell, I actually worked for a dyslexic guy who ran a signwriting business, whilst it was a struggle for everyone concerned, at least he had an excuse! :twisted:

wlel to my kogwledne ppleoe can udnresnatd wrods eevn if you cnahge all the mddile lteetrs aounrd as lnog as you lavee the fsrit and lsat the smae!

andrew

so minor types that do not involve the first or last letter of the word are ok :p
hell aps could get a spell check function, animal attractions forum had that for a while, not sure if they do now...

andrew

boa said:
Spot on Hugsta, it's all very well saying it doesn't matter and I don't care but out in the real world these simple things like reading and writing can be quite important.

I agree with you in the main, but threads like this one won't change much unfortunately, other than to air individuals frustration on what they have been reading or trying to read! LOL!

We also do have to remember that APS is made up of alot of different age groups, including school kids, and at the end of th day we are not there English Teachers, were just a group of people that all share a mutual love or interest in reptiles.

Just my 2 cents!

Neil

I won't even use SMS text abbreviations when I'm texting.

:p

Hix

You mean we are not THEIR English Teachers ? :lol: :wink:

NCHERPS said:
We also do have to remember that APS is made up of alot of different age groups, including school kids, and at the end of th day we are not there English Teachers, were just a group of people that all share a mutual love or interest in reptiles.

Just my 2 cents!

Neil

so is it bad to have u instead of you i often use either i didnt realise it was disturbing to ppl, oh can i say ppl instead of people, r accronims ok? such as PMSROFL or should i say the all the words in full?
I often use the shorter versions it just happens other times i write the full words, depends on what mode my brain is in.

Yeah moose real "vital" thread thanks for sharing it was inspiring :roll:
And i would be looking at your own username before you started on other peoples.
Should be more like "Goose noose"

i dont do that text stuff on phones, i cant type and my spelling is not the best but most of you seem to understand what i say. except when i write cancer instead of canker.
but i do know how to spell bikinis.

You know it's funny how no matter how hard you throw them away, yoyo's just keep coming back.... :lol:

The only persons posts i can't read are Zo's only because every second word is a smiley.

Who am i to talk anyway, i couldn't spell to save my life.

Bandit said:
Yeah moose real "vital" thread thanks for sharing it was inspiring :roll:
And i would be looking at your own username before you started on other peoples.
Should be more like "Goose noose"

How about stinky poo bottom or wee wee breath.
Always got me upset in kindy.

LOL Boa but if my life depended on it i would arrse it up :)

Kersten said:
You know it's funny how no matter how hard you throw them away, yoyo's just keep coming back.... :lol:

LOL! Meeoooww!! Put them claws away Kersten! :)

Neil

Why Neil! I'm just stunned that you'd think little old me was being catty :wink: I simply made an observation that yoyo's return after being thrown....well they do, don't they? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back