Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday,i looked in through the incubator glass this morning and one of the four stori eggs from september five was out and about he is a nice looking baby,a second one has its head out now.The hatching time is therefore eighty two days at thirty one celsius,you may like to know that afro,finding acurate imfo is hopeless in google searchs and even the scientific imformation is mickey mouse.Pike 1 is my source of imformation hes bred them before so he knows first hand.Photos are the first hatchy,the second bloke with his head out,and the view through the incubator. :)

well done collin, that is great news,congrats cant wait to see the rest of the little buggers out of their eggs :D , they look cute, how big is it? how much they goin for?

Congratulations! You must be thrilled. And what cuties. I've got a little clutch of "accidentals" in the incubator at the moment (Isosceles the jungle carpet - who was a temporary flatmate with Patience the coastal carpet - turned out to be a boy after all!). I'm only new to pythons and actually terrified at the thought of having babies. Tips and advice will be gladly accepted. Please!

Congratulations! You must be thrilled. And what cuties. I've got a little clutch of "accidentals" in the incubator at the moment (Isosceles the jungle carpet - who was a temporary flatmate with Patience the coastal carpet - turned out to be a boy after all!). I'm only new to pythons and actually terrified at the thought of having babies. Tips and advice will be gladly accepted. Please!

re stori

Hi jason,i measured the one thats out for you its five and a half cm Snout to Vent and it wont let me measure the tail,i dont know what there worth in $ jason unfortunately in NSW they are on class two license,rare or hard to keep LOL.Heres the photo taken through the glass door of the incubator. :)

re stori

Thanks reptililian,your doing alright by the sounds of it,not rocket science breeding reptiles,the most important thing is a good incubator,ime not a breeder as such dude,there is some good python breeders as members but some bigger ones dont like to associate with us plebs but they want us to by there youngns LOL.

i love herps at that hatchy size they are so cute, so they owuld be aprox 10cm TL, thats cute, how many more do you have in the incubator? its good to see your incubator worked well! i didnt realize they are class two. whats their common name?

whats their common name?
stupid question dont worry..lol. did you use heat cord in the incubator with a probe thermostat?

re stori

The latin name is Varanus Storri jason and this type is the Qld type and there is Varanus storri ocreatus in parts of WA and NT,they are the type danny (Geckodan) has jason.Stuffed if i know why they are on class two they are neither rare nor hard to keep as you can see,ime told that they can be aggro if the sexs are wrong,thats all i can think of,the tail looks longer than body jason. :)

yer but you hear that about heaps of class 2 animals, that they are easy to care for and require no real extra needs, which i find anoying cause it means there are species i cant yet keep, although it isnt much longer till i get my class 2. anyway im looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics as they hatch.

re stori

Jason there is no heat chord,there is heat from two thirty watt under tank sticky type heat pads and a computer fan which is constantly running that is positioned on a grate in the corner that inturn is elevated a couple of inches above heat pads.If you use one heat pad its not enough in cool months and two fits perfect on floor and provides MILD warmth,better than heat and light bulbs,very reliable and they just stick down on the bottom.The class two species list penalises people that breed those supposedly rare or difficuylt to maintain species,look at womas,easy to keep and breed well etc.In the end its womas that need to be bred and any obstacles should be removed and so what if people make money out of breeding them,we are a capitalist society last time i checked :)

re stori

Sorry to hear that she escaped afro,was it in a garage or something,you would recapture her in the house wouldnt you?That wouldve been very disappointing mate :(

Yeah, snakes are in the house but lizzies are all out in the shed. The pair escaped but the male dropped into a bucket and couldn't get out. So I got him back but not so the female :(

re stori

Thanks shimarah,i worked out i onley have to breed between seventy and one hundred to buy a GTP,but ony these four fellas if i paint them green and sell them as emerald monitors LOL.

cool, good work Colin, its hard to believe there is a whole lizard in there when that big head comes out eh.

They are cute, and yes it is hard to believe such a big greature comes out of such a small egg. I have had (as in my Geckos) two Gecko eggs but I am obviously doing something wrong because they keep going wrinkly, I just can't seem to get the vermiculite mix right.
You are doing a great job, congrats! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back