Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff zulu. Your egg containers seem quite clear, did they ever fog up from humidity or did you have a relatively dry vermiculite mix? Do you find that having egg containers with a lot of height like the ones in the pic causes any probs with humidity etc? And one last question, what thermostat are you using for your incubator?

re stori hatched

serpenttongue said:
Good stuff zulu. Your egg containers seem quite clear, did they ever fog up from humidity or did you have a relatively dry vermiculite mix? Do you find that having egg containers with a lot of height like the ones in the pic causes any probs with humidity etc? And one last question, what thermostat are you using for your incubator?
The type of themostat i use is a habistat one ive got and it is hanging down between the two containers,the containers are sealed and i open them briefly about every two weeks and about once a week nearing the end weeks of incubation to freshen the air supply.I try to go on the side of dryness and if i want to add water i do so on the outer perimeters of vermiculite sparingly (just a few drops) with an eye dropper.Sometimes if there is too much humidity ile wipe it off with tissues when airing the eggs.I like the big containers serpentongue but guys like shanesaussiepythons that have heaps of eggs and big woma and bhp eggs use small looking containers so i dont know,i get a lot of advice about incubation off of longtom.One clutch was in vermiculite and the other one with the six is in brickys sand mixed with some potting mix and thats what the female lays them in,its all trial and error stuff basically, Cheers colin.

Hey, well done Colin!!!
Instant colony you have now....
Get ready to have alot of fun,
watching the juv's hunt down crickets;
quite amusing :lol: :wink:

hay colin how did all the others go have they all hatched well and healthy? i would love to see some pictures of them all soaking up some rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back