Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
The parents are supposed to be spotted pythons, but one of the babies I recently hatched out doesn't hold true to his name. I've bred his parents a few times now and never before had one hatch out like this.

... Antaresia taenia ( ? ) :p

Here he is.

stripeyfive.jpg

stripeyfour.jpg

stripeytwo.jpg

stripeythree.jpg

stripeyone.jpg

Another anomoly from this clutch is one boy with a pink tongue, all the others have the normal dark, almost black tongue.

Cool stuff hey? :)

How much do you want for him?

Twelve turnips and your first born child.

Either that or enough money to convince me that plan B (selling him) is better than the current plan (A): keeping him.

The pictures are free, enjoy them ;)

so the mysterious yet hilarious sdaji is out tonight, not the dna (do not ask) crazy maniac sdaji

u are what makes me clicking on the occassional aps post worthwhile, u and your hilariously nonsensical antics

now if we could just cross that mac with one of those 'deemed aussie' greens, imagine the possibilities!

Nice one, im sure ive seen some of Shane's Maccies have very similar traits but everytime he bred with one he would only get 1 male looking like that, never a female. Interesting!

Can do the turnips but is an IOU okay for my first born child? I think it's best to practice for a while to be sure you get one you like.

kewl snakies sdaj ... i luv maccies esp ones with dorsal striping, so cute :)

Or a late night/early morning dip in the yarra whilst very drunk ;)

It'l be interesting to see when this animal reaches breeding age whether the striping is able to be passed on to its offspring or not.

Is this the snake you told me you fed to the gilleni to stop the evil mutation in it's tracks?
Can you how us the pics of the gilleni eating it? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

:D :D :D :) :D :)
-H

Nice one, im sure ive seen some of Shane's Maccies have very similar traits but everytime he bred with one he would only get 1 male looking like that, never a female. Interesting!

That is interesting. I've never seen one of these striped Antaresia in the flesh before (unless I hatched one a couple of years ago from the same parents and didn't think anything of it at the time, which is unlikely but possible)
I quite like the pattern, but had only seen one before, on the screen, a male of Shane's. I really wanted to get one but couldn't get my hands on one of Shane's precious few. Now I have one :D

Very nice Sdaji! Love to see more pics as he grows.

If I keep him, I'll try to get around to posting some. I was planning to hang on to him but I've had a few offers and greed may get the better of me! :oops:

Or a late night/early morning dip in the yarra whilst very drunk

Yeah, I must admit I'd like one of those too! Unfortunately I didn't get one of those hatching out of that clutch ;)

It'l be interesting to see when this animal reaches breeding age whether the striping is able to be passed on to its offspring or not.

It would be interesting, but I probably won't breed with him if I keep him, I may change my mind, but I'm not planning to. My guess (and it's not much more than a guess) is that it's genetic but not heritable, or at least not strongly so. The fact that this one is so distinctly different from the others says that something unusual is going on. If it was just at one end of the normal range of variation I'd say it would either be a genetic, environmental or a complex trait, but being a strong, distinct outlier, even among clutch mates is suggestive of it being genetic.

Is this the snake you told me you fed to the gilleni to stop the evil mutation in it's tracks?
Can you how us the pics of the gilleni eating it? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

No, that was the albino, and you said you wouldn't tell! :(

Is that blood on the third picture or something else more peculiar?

It's not blood, but I'd have said it was something less peculiar.

Very nice mate! What is he? Boy or girl? Hope its genetic!!!!!

I've been refering to him as 'him' and 'he' because he is male ;) As for whether or not it's genetic... I'm not too fussed. I don't plan to breed them and if I decide I like them enough to care I'll just hang on to this one. No point breeding them really; the gilleni don't seem to like eating 'morph' hatchlings any more than normal ones anyway.

I don't know... you damned obsessed morph lovers! ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back