Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you decide to let him go, my offer (PM'ed) stands Sdaji.

i hope no-one has said this in the thread yet-

as i am aware, modifying bake temps have been known to cause striping in morelia, is it possible bake temps have caused the change sdaji?

i hope no-one has said this in the thread yet-

as i am aware, modifying bake temps have been known to cause striping in morelia, is it possible bake temps have caused the change sdaji?

You're the first ;)

Incubation temperatures are over rated in causing striping in Morelia. Check out the latest Monitor for an article on carpet morphs, as the Americans have known for a long time, it's genetic.

In this case, I don't believe it had anything to do with temperatures. Incubation was very stable and the incubation period was 49-51 days, with this one hatching out right in the middle. I don't think the incubation conditions could have been any closer to perfect for this clutch. Also, if it was to do with temperatures, you'd expect others in the same clutch (incubated in an adhered clutch) to be striped, and they would be the first or last to hatch.

By the way, this snake hatched out of the clutch I posted candling pictures of. Maybe it was because I marked the egg with an X, or maybe it was caused by the candling :lol: Everyone go draw on your eggs and candle them! ;) (Now, I know this might sound silly, but people have taken me seriously when I've joked even more clearly, so please, no one take this seriously or send PM's about it!)

Oh, now that you mention it, I remember a few years ago I overheated a clutch from the same parents (due to faulty equipment). It was stable, but too hot. Incubation was only 39 days for some of the eggs, but none were striped or otherwise unusual that year. I haven't incubated spotted python eggs at low temperatures before, but a friend of mine did a clutch at 27 degrees, 100% hatch rate, no unusual babies, even sex ratio.

Maybe that one is a het for albino you must breed the siblings sdajijiji

sdaji,- you promised me you would stop painting your snakes. :wink:
nice paint job thou.

Nice little Mac Sdaji.....
It's always neat to get something a little different in a clutch;
however, it's not uncommon to get some turn out with striping.
I normally get one or two a season; but yet to get one with a full
stripe; unbroken....well done.

re Striped

Nice mac sadji with good pattern,well done! :D

MrBredli said:
Cool, now all i need to do is knock my gf up!
LMAO :D :D
You romantic SNAG you.

I like how the dorsal pattern is kinda zigzag.

My pair (of childreni) thow 25% of their offspring with a solid line down their back every year. It seems to be a recessive gene that came from the grandfather. This years clutch are due out of the egg soon. There should be sufficient numbers to confirm my theory.

it is a great looking spotted and it is one of my favourite breed of sankes i have one that almost looks that striped but is a little fragmented, i am getting a striped one this season, hopefully will have a camera by then and can post some pics.

Hey shoey like the pic, its interesting to see snakes like this with something a bit different about them.

Hey, has one of the options on the poll been removed? Is this censorship of Sdaji's bizarre polls we've come to know and love?

oh and to keep it on topic... Yeah, love them stripes.... oh yeah... I have a knob tail gecko with a pink stripe down it's back.... amazing animal... AMAZING!

Nephrurus said:
Hey, has one of the options on the poll been removed? Is this censorship of Sdaji's bizarre polls...

What option do you think was there but is now not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back