Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheReptileMan

Reaction score
Hey guys
anyone know of some good herping spots on the shunshine coast?
Cheers, Dan.

australia zoo,lol,quite a variety of herps live around there,hehehe,the glass house mountains come to mind mate,anywhere with a bit of bush around is bound to be good,though they quieten down this time of year

Dan you live in a great place for herping get outside and go looking any creek or inlet, bush which you have plenty of just get out and explore with your camera ..........RBB

some areas its just a matter of pot luck,i havnt been to the sunshine coast much,but when i lived in brisbane for a while anywhere with a bit of bush about still held suprises,water dragons were anywhere there was water,eastern beardys popped up left right and centre,my auntie who lived in toowong had her cat eaten and regurgitated dead by a brissy coastal,i used to take my dog for a walk in this area next to the train lines and saw a variety of herp species from beardys,a lacey,major skinks,green tree snakes and many others,and id just happen apon them,amazing what u can find when u arent looking,lol

yes what red belly said,i was living just out side brisbane,the city,15 mins out on the western side,id imagine the sunshine coast to be even better,maybe u could take some pics for us,i live in melb so your variety of herps leaves us for dead

Thanks heaps!
I have had a quick peek in the glass-house mountains, only had 5 mins and found a small-eyed snake!
saw a snake the other day in the creek behind my house, was either a keelback or roughie, saw some kids poking round there yesterday and they claim to see alot, and said they killed a tiger snake last week, hope they were lying! lol
thanx again, will post some pics of my finds!

Any national park around there is going to have a good variety of life. I've had lots of success at the Conondale Ranges (examples below), especially with frogs during the wet season.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smacdo...lickr.com/2242/2046255228_3642a75b2f.jpg[/img
Red-eyed tree frog (Litoria chloris)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smacdo....flickr.com/146/412371974_01ced01cf5.jpg[/img
Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smacdo....flickr.com/123/412372117_bbae2f545e.jpg[/img
Southern spotted velvet gecko (Oedura tryoni)

Stewart

Last edited:
Lamington national park is all right but it has been a while since i have been

nice pics reptilesDownUnder!
thanks might try mapleton forest, not too far, as im just out of nambour
cheers

i can send you a list of reptiles found through out sunshine coast

Dan it is known to have small pockets of tiger snakes on the sunny coast around pomona and noosaville and some other areas so the possibillities are good but most likley kids think the brown tree snake is a tiger and sadly bump them off .........if you do come across a tiger snake and have identified it correctly get in touch with QPW let them know where you found it they would be interested ....RBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back