Suspect Vet Report?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adsell

Reaction score
Hi Guys, had a mate sell a snake that died on the new owner a month after purchase. The purchaser got a vet report and from the result is requesting his money back.
There are quite a few things i find suspect regarding the vet report and would just like others opinions

vetletterjunglescopy.jpg

Ads

No clinic letterhead..comic sans font... (im guessing its signed?).

"It was quite rotten and would have given off toxins" ..
Blatantly not written by a VET
All the "Reptile keeper" type terms.. "Black + Gold" "bad feeder" .. .

Yeah don't think so.
No letterhead or phone number.
Was there a vet's name given to call?

BS. demand the vet's contact details. if no contact then bugger them.

Its either a bad scam or a bad vet .....
Any one could have written that , hardly seems like any thing vet would supply as a "pathology report" .

Very suss. Some of the language and terms used dont seem realistic for a vet report (eg, "Quite small for 14 months old")

That is a terrible fake!

Anyone could have written this..

No name or letterhead and dont reports have to display the vets

licence and qualifications like doctors do..?

If it does have a name and is fake i wonder if the police could be involved for falsifying a document..??

It's a fake. No vet or even reasonably well-spoken person would write such a crap, not to mention the terms he/she used.
The author of this literary master-piece should join our club (see my avatar).

Vets are 14yrs old now? Amazing.

4 foot is small for a black and gold Jungle hey......I knew I'd eventually learn something on here.

Perhaps adsell remove vet contact details for some reason????

By the last line, "if you have any queries, feel free to contact me" I think one can assume that "ads" dropped the name and number off...

Hemiaspis said:
Very suss. Some of the language and terms used dont seem realistic for a vet report (eg, "Quite small for 14 months old")

Yeah... Cos what you'd really want is a letter that explains absolutely f@#$ all unless you happen to be a veterinary surgeon... lol

Waterrat said:
It's a fake. No vet or even reasonably well-spoken person would write such a crap, not to mention the terms he/she used.
The author of this literary master-piece should join our club (see my avatar).

You I-talian Waterrat? "It's-a-me, Waterrat! Why-a-you strange-a people writa da words in da funny talk and-a-stuff..."

Hmm, perhaps like many other professional medical and veterinary practitioners he didn't speak english as a first language? Compared to my own GP's letters, this one really is a literary master-piece in comparison...

You guys crack me up on here, sooooo many people quick to jump to conclusions and start slinging the hate comments...

It's simple, if there's a name and number (Which I'm sure we can safely assume was cut off the attached photo), you either visit the surgery, or yellow page/google the number, and call and speak to the guy... Next steps will be easy, cough up if that's your practice, or tell the scammer to get bent...

doesn't look like any pathology report i have ever seen......

doesn't look like any pathology report i have ever seen......

Lol, you see a lot at 16?

:lol: I agree, pathology report seems a very poor choice of title, my wife is a pathology scientist, and what I've seen of her pathology reports, is a whole bunch of numbers reflecting the properties of blood within accepted ranges. This should have been called an autopsy report one would assume, but hey, whatev's...

Yeah it does appear to be a badly written letter. Whether it is legit or not i don't know, but some of the lingo used is very arbitrary and vague for a vet, ie terms like "quite" and "lots". I have personally seen quite a number of vet reports and they were vastly different to this one. They were not a written letter, as such, they were a structured report indicating things like sizes of organs (if enlarged or abnormal), a body condition score (given out of 5 or 10, animal dependant. e.g very thin would be 1/5 or 2/5) and various other factors based off of a post mortem if one was conducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back