Suspect Vet Report?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting.........

just a question. if there was a mouse head lodged in the oesophagus, how long do you think it would take for it to go bad and cause septicemia?

Interesting,
4 foot Jungle, eating weaner mice?
Ate 2 & regurgitated, partially digested?
Ate another 2 & regurgitated, partially digested again?
Mouse head lodged in mid-oesophagus?
I am not a vet or expert, but I do have a fair understanding of a pythons anatomy.
How is a feed of 2 weaner mice supposed to reach the stomach (partially digested) but bypass a stuck mouse head, then be regurgitated, travel past the mouse head again & not dislodge it.
Not on one instance, but 2???
Why are 2 weaner mice being fed to a 4 foot Jungle as a meal?
Wouldn't a juvi/medium rat be a more appropiate meal for a python of this size?
The "facts" just don't seem to add up to me.
Just my opinion.

Yea good question jay.... and would it be possible to find out how long the skull was there to find out who was at fault?

one point of interest is and i quote

4 foot long and weighs 108 grms

man thats not much for a 4 footer and i would question this stat

mate i am a vet and theres no way that we right up reports like that it sounds like a total scam to me id be getting ahold of this supposed vet asap and having a chat

How would you write a report up then? Would it be similar to how you wrote the above post? ;)

i have no idea if its fake or not. my question is why would anyone buy a 4foot jungle that is so small/thin (108grams)? a healthy weight for a 4 foot jungle i would expect to be over 600grams. theres no way that this snake would lose 500grams in a month from the time it was purchased till it died. so if this snake was sick ( from its small size) why was it purchased? and if the buyer knew it was sick why carry on now that it has died? sorry not having ago at anyone, but im kind of over people buying un-healthy snakes then complaining and wanting their money back when it dosent turnout the way they hoped

regardless of the professionalism of the 'report', the seller needs to contact the vet directly and ask for the pictures. even then, without any actual pathology results its all just theories hence it comes down to wether or not the seller actually wants to do anything about it... no proof, no case, just an upset buyer that will want there money back... possibly a result of their own negligence??? who knows, the vet clearly doesnt.

Well if it was feeding fine when you, the owner had it, maybe the buyer had the temps too low hence the regurgitation?
Someone has probs said this but cbf reading it all.

let me add this fact the Seller complained about these snake being 2 small on this site 4mths earlier when he recieved them in poor condition he then sold them on to the buyer at a inflatted price with the power of intenet buying site unseen in the 3 weeks of owning the snakes regurged 3 times which the vet has recorded the skull found embedded in the snake throat the most likely cause but cant be proved the guy that purchased these snakes got ripped off and the vet has written the letter in easy to understand words for all there is photos and she can be contacted by the seller i believe the seller is a low for passing this problem on after complaining here mths earlier i know the snake i know the kid i know the vet and this seller is wrong after reading his passed post the kid did the wrong thing he did not research his seller before handing over his money

sounds like some pretty band husbandry went on after the purchase all other facts aside.

I really dont want to comment on this thread as I dont know enough from both sides of this story.. remember there are always two sides to every one..

what I object to is people bringing these sort of problems to public forums with second or more hand information and people jumping on the bandwagon for one side or the other depending on what information they have heard at the time or because they are mates with one person or the other.. this is not the best way to resolve a problem that may have arisen and it only serves to alienate both parties further apart.. It can also lead to one person or both getting trashed unecessarily by lynch mob mentalities who really have nothing to do with the situation, are really not helping anybody and are most probably making the situation worse..

I really think in these sort of situations that the parties concerned call each other and try and sort out a fair solution to whatever problem has transpired and at least come to a compromise that will settle the problem privately.

In my experience on this forum, most people are really nice decent people and we all have a common interest and love for reptiles.. I hope these two members can sort out their problems together in a fair and equitable manner so that both are satisfied.

I dont know why vets waste 6 years at uni when they could come on aps for a couple of weeks and know everything!

ok the if a vet or anyone else gave out this type of paper they would be shot.
as prevesly stated before no letter head, font not right, wording is that of someone who has not been to uni and y was the snake on weaner mice and this is not how a vet should layout a report and everything usually gets sent off to the lab for testing. if the snake was thin why did he bye it???
if i wrote a report like this in my job my **** would be on the line
vetletterjunglescopy.jpg

Ads[/QUOTE]

I really dont want to comment on this thread as I dont know enough from both sides of this story.. remember there are always two sides to every one..

what I object to is people bringing these sort of problems to public forums with second or more hand information and people jumping on the bandwagon for one side or the other depending on what information they have heard at the time or because they are mates with one person or the other.. this is not the best way to resolve a problem that may have arisen and it only serves to alienate both parties further apart.. It can also lead to one person or both getting trashed unecessarily by lynch mob mentalities who really have nothing to do with the situation, are really not helping anybody and are most probably making the situation worse..

I really think in these sort of situations that the parties concerned call each other and try and sort out a fair solution to whatever problem has transpired and at least come to a compromise that will settle the problem privately.

In my experience on this forum, most people are really nice decent people and we all have a common interest and love for reptiles.. I hope these two members can sort out their problems together in a fair and equitable manner so that both are satisfied.

Couldn't Agree more!!

I dont know why vets waste 6 years at uni when they could come on aps for a couple of weeks and know everything!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: We should call it "Vets by APSers"

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps-42/my-situation-118359
i belive this is related to this thread
since he came forward in tht thread it should be alright to post up where he was complainin about them
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/what-would-you-do-if-102458
i have also attached a picture of the jungle to show tht it obviously isnt 4ft more like 1-2ft i hav no idea where the vet got 4ft.
i will get the pictures of the autopsy as soon as i can

it seems whoever starts the thread every1 takes sides with without even knowing half of whats goin on

Attachments

• 100_3028.jpg
    100_3028.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back