Suspect Vet Report?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you see a lot at 16?

:lol: I agree, pathology report seems a very poor choice of title, my wife is a pathology scientist, and what I've seen of her pathology reports, is a whole bunch of numbers reflecting the properties of blood within accepted ranges. This should have been called an autopsy report one would assume, but hey, whatev's...

Don't you mean post mortem or necropsy. Autopsy refers to humans, necropsy is what you perform on animals.

And why didnt they send of samples to the lab to confirm if it was sceptaceamia??
Also if they used a capital letter in 'Black' and 'Jungle' why not for 'Gold'? (maybe thats just a spelling mistake, and im a bit neurotic :p) also why did they use black and gold? wouldn't they have used scientific names?
And as people keep pointing out, a pathology report is to do with diseases in humans. It should be a necropsy report.

I'd have to admit It does appear a bit "sus" for a vet report, but then again so did the whole deal. The guy who sold it for a lot of money for what it was, only had the animal for 2 months and had to get a clearance from Vic parks and Wildlife to do so, that is very suspect to say the least ?

I love the lynch mob mentality, half of you wouldn't even know who your talking about ? but ya's join right on in there !

Last edited:
I don't think it matters who it is, fact is that vet report looks to be fake which means who ever wrote it could be looking at fraud. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was the buyer or the vet that supposedly wrote the report

Adsell,
The letter clearly ends with "Any queries please contact me". Why don't you contact the vet? (and for the record, vets use the term autopsy freely).

4 foot is small for a black and gold Jungle hey......I knew I'd eventually learn something on here.

4 ft is small for a 14 month old jungle! Even better!

Last edited:
Decent vets dont usually guess as to the cause of death, they would normally back up their diagnosis with Lab Results.:rolleyes:

They dont usually put "throw-away" comments in reports, such as "appeared quite small for 14 months old (4 foot??)

It does look sus but hey could be for real..... but obviously the details have been whipped as you can see where the adjustments have been made through maybe paint. But anyway why have you not contacted them instead of posting on here first, plus if you had contacted them first you would have been able to request the photo's they said they have and you could have also posted the pics.... pictures tell 1000 words plus usually you can tell if photo's were infact takin in a vet surgery, and why not ask for a fax copy of his veterinary licence???

Whether or not this is a fraudulent or not. If a snake or any other reptile (critter) you purchase dies in a reasonable time frame, wouldn't there be an assumed warranty, if you get what I mean. Obviously if the animals was neglected and died due to the new owners poor care this would be void, but it the animal died for reasons the seller and buyer could not have prevented or the seller neglected it, IMO the seller should refund the money.

From this 'report' it suggests the snake was a problem feeder and malnourished when bought so the seller should be responsible, taken that this report is actually 'truthful'.

What are you opinions?

Whilst the report is a tad unprofessional in its appearance it by far not the worst dribble I've seen at the hands of a vet. The conclusions drawn, whilst sloppy and lacking good diagnostic evidence, are potentially correct. There are two primary things the seller needs to do. 1. contact the vet directly and speak to him/her about the findings and 2. request the images to present for a second opinion (I am happy to cast an eye over them). All other conspiracy theories are pointless at this stage until that is carried out.

I'm mates with the bloke who owned the snake and hese been telling me for a while about how its health was slowly declining. We were speaking last week and he was telling me that it died and he went to the vet to get an autopsy. He told me all of the stuff that was said in the letter u recieved. So the snake did die for these reasons... I also know the vet that perfmed the autopsy, and she is great especially with reptiles. Although I must admit that the email does look rather dodgy

I'm mates with the bloke who owned the snake and hese been telling me for a while about how its health was slowly declining. We were speaking last week and he was telling me that it died and he went to the vet to get an autopsy. He told me all of the stuff that was said in the letter u recieved. So the snake did die for these reasons... I also know the vet that perfmed the autopsy, and she is great especially with reptiles. Although I must admit that the email does look rather dodgy

I don't mean to sound rude, yes i know it's off topic aswell, but people seem so reluctant to take there herps to a vet. If it's health had been slowly declining, why had it not seen a vet already. I've noticed an alarming trend lately of people either: 1- stating that there reptile has died after slowly getting worse or 2- coming on to the forum for vet related advice, and when initial advice fails, and the animal continues to deteriorate, they request further advice rather than taking it to a qualified professional.

I think he may have taken it to the vet i'm not sure... But like i said, I know the vet pretty well... the reasoning behind that is cause we spend alot of time there lol

Hi Guys, had a mate sell a snake that died on the new owner a month after purchase. The purchaser got a vet report and from the result is requesting his money back.
There are quite a few things i find suspect regarding the vet report and would just like others opinions
Ads

I dont know much about the report but I know the person involved with the snake that died. The report when I saw it was on a letter head and had the vets card attached didnt it adsell.

Adsell....

To answer your question as sensibly as possible.

Advise your friend to contact the vet, and speak to them personally, I have seen a lot of professional and unprofessional correspondance in result to animal and human autopsies, necropsies, medical advice and Police reports, there are no legal rules for what font must be used or what information must be supplied, or even the layout. Yes there are guidelines, but thats all. Vets like doctors have more work than they can poke a stick at and paperwork is sometimes even typed up by work-experience students from hand written notes.

Im certain you have done the right thing and cropped the heading and names from the msg to protect the persons involved, Kudos to you for that, by the way it also covers you in the case of any libel suit. So if that information is there, then contact the vet. If that information isnt there, then ask your friend to decide based on how he would feel if it happened to him, and what he honestly believes could be the truth. If it is possible the snake had something already lodged in its throat and had been festering through its winter dormancy then fair enough your friend may not have been aware, and technically isnt responsible, but it would suck for the buyer who paid good money for a snake that could never survive, so maybe an offer of a part amount might be reasonable, seriously I wouldnt have sold the snake to someone I thought was shonky and if I bought it, I would hope the seller wasnt either. Obviously from the responses Ive read, there are people from both sides of the argument here, and who may even know the parties concerned, for the sake of unity amongst Herp lovers I hope they can both come to a healthy and sensible agreement.

Thats just my opinion, which I hope doesnt sling anything over either side of the fence or downgrade anyones opinion or belief.

Cheers.
Glen (Glowy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back