Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Mr Bredli u have to meet him to know ...and as most ppl on this site havnt met him .... and make judgments from others opionons ...... they will never find out

Watch out Tyrone your about to be savaged by a flock of sheep :lol:

you don't have to have met him to dislike what he does to his vens.

cris said:
Watch out Tyrone your about to be savaged by a flock of sheep :lol:

Tyrone is one sheep out of many flocks chris

[quote="AntaresiaLady]
Tyrone...let me just make a point here. I was misinformed about the process, as I was shown a video a few months back that they said was 'creating a venomoid' for want of a better phrase. They took out the fangs as well as the venom glands in the operation I witnessed. That video then caused my perception of what Ray is doing, as he refers to it by the same name.
[/quote]

There are many methods to making venomoids .... hosers is one way that has been successful...

Ripping fangs out wont do anything as they will grow back

And if I were you- I'd not talk about someones intelligence- considering the state of your post- if I was to make assumptions on it- I'd be forced to think you were a common, uneducated moron.

When did i question ur intelligence .... for all i know u could be a genius :?

But unlike you, I don't assume anything about a persons intelligence level by their posts-

Hell if i did that i would think half the ppl on here are absolute morons... but i dont................ :roll: [/quote]

No he likes reptiles, I don't think he'd eat them, I think it must be roaches, crickets, rats and mice etc.

What other rumours can we start about him?

I personally think the new thread for the petition is misleading...
No pain mitigation
Well that isnt proven as far as i know, I personally dont think anyone really knows for sure what effect sticking them in the fridge has.
Unless you can back what you say up with facts your word is no more powerful than Ray saying that it isnt cruel.

To me this is the key issue about the whole thing, if someone could prove to me that the snakes have full feeling through the operation i would even consider signing.

I dont have the paperwork in front of me but its illegal for me to use freezing and refridgeration for euthanaising reptiles. One reason given is that it causes extreme pain.
I personally would be working from the other point of view. Prove to me that they dont feel pain.

doesnt prve much but heres the first link I found when i typed in reptiles and pain

http://www.provet.co.uk/Reptiles/reptileanalgesia.htm

you need to ask yourself, do snakes react to pain, do they guard against pain. They wont eat if they have a lesion or swelling in or around the mouth.

I personally would be working from the other point of view. Prove to me that they dont feel pain.
I can see your point, I just dont think its right to say either way. From what i can see its far from clear cut and dependant on neurological and nerve related factors that vary from species to species.

I dont have the paperwork in front of me but its illegal for me to use freezing and refridgeration for euthanaising reptiles.
this is proven for sure.blood freezing in live animals is painful.
the argument would/should surely be that bringing an animals temp down for surgery, not freezing,creates the torper needed for the said surgery to be performed painlessly.
very hard to prove and unfortunatly reptiles, the guys we all love, are not far enough up the evolutionary tree to warrant the govts interest and the cash needed to prove otherwise.
the treatment of our beef lamb pork and chicken would testify to that...
jmo
baz
im not a vet but i can legally cut the balls and horns of a heathy steer
debeak a chicken and cut the asss of a lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back