TEMPERAMENT! How important is that to you???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont get me wrong i dont mind the odd bite one species i really want is a cowley jungle and true blue has some absolute crackers up here apparantly these jungles are renowned for their nasty temp but when i get the space and time ime gunna get one, not for a pet for a display item. Temp is important to me because my first snake a bredli off brent several years ago which i lost due to RI was the nicest snake ive ever owned not because of its looks but its laid back inquisitive nature.
yeah I can't remember any of it either.. But have had to write it down an awful lot in my life ;)
And I've taken you off the order for 'Snake Molester' t'shirt Mrkos... Just jokes :)
molest [məˈlɛst]
vb (tr) 1. to disturb or annoy by malevolent interference

depends on my day ...if I want a calm interative cuddle then I get out my carpets ...if I want an amusing bite the crap out of me by a worm ..then its my spotted ...but if I want to draw blood and actually lose some of it on my floor then its the water pythons ;)

Not important to me at all. I love them if they are friendly or a little bit on the cranky side.

tempremebt is not important first viewing that comes from regular handling more important is health and importand to get a feeding/shedding history

lets see, if someone offered u an agro albino for free would u knock it back?
of course u wouldnt if u did u would never end up with the animal u really like the look of

lets see, if someone offered u an agro albino for free would u knock it back?
of course u wouldnt if u did u would never end up with the animal u really like the look of

I would not knock it back if it were for free.

However, if I were to purchase an albino, I would go for a placid one over an aggressive one. Obviously there are still many beautiful pythons that aren't aggressive - I've liked the look of all of mine, and most have had great temperaments.

I don't find bad temperament too concerning once you have several snakes. There'll always be the ones that like a cuddle, but bad temperament on the biggest ones can get annoying at times.

Out of 10, I'm lucky to have only 2 that are particulary snappy, one is a large bredli and one water python.....both females!

I think it's a it hard to judge when I;m buying a hatchy.
My water was a little monster when I got it.
Now it's just cage defensive.
My darwin was a chainsaw. Now it's hard to get him to strike untill theres food around.
My coastal he has always been a baby.
My cts, just flighty.

Tempermate isnt something I really think about when buying, unless I was buying an adult.

Temperament? Go and buy a puppy........:rolleyes:

As a little experiment pertinent to the topic at hand I took the most feisty carpet that I own out for a few laps. Does she like it? No. Do I care? No. Did she bite me? Yes. Do I care? No.

I think temperament is important to some people, and I also think it is valid. Wanting to own an aggressive animal is hardly a prerequisite for buying a snake - not all snakes are aggressive and most of mine have been quite placid.

it doesnt matter to me at all. my carpet has got me afew time and doesnt bother me while my new baby spotted will go for anything but theyl calm down with handling...... i hope anyway hahha

Call me sadistic ,but I find it bloody funny watching people get tagged by their snakes ,non ven of course ,ven, I just wait till they are all good and out of hospital,then set up rubber snakes and senarios like that and make them jumpy:) you would be surprised how even a bit of black windscreen rubber can turn into a ven ;)
(revenge is sweet, now that will teach a certain person not to chase me around the house with a dirty big spider on a curtain rod) ........

Call me sadistic ,but I find it bloody funny watching people get tagged by their snakes ,non ven of course ,ven, I just wait till they are all good and out of hospital,then set up rubber snakes and senarios like that and make them jumpy:) you would be surprised how even a bit of black windscreen rubber can turn into a ven ;)
(revenge is sweet, now that will teach a certain person not to chase me around the house with a dirty big spider on a curtain rod) ........

:lol: remind me not to cross you RBB! :D

As for me, temperament isn't something I'd consider now when buying snakes, specially if it's something I really want. My first bredli boy was snappy, until he got bigger and calmed down, now he's a puppy dog until food is around. My female bredli has never bitten me, and she's a sook.
My new addition on the other hand :lol: I knew full well she wasn't going to be a "cuddly" snake, but I still got her as I've always wanted a scrub. If she calms down, good, if not, I'm going to be kept on my toes!

My main focus in this order when looking at snakes is health, looks, temperament.

Hahahaha I was too scared to say that ;) It would seem that it's human nature to want to bond with your pets I guess... The whole "my snake show affection for me" is another topic all together.
When my mates are considering buying a snake I always tell em "if your the kind of person that needs affection from your animals, then snakes aren't for you. Get a dog or a cat ;)"

I think temperament is subject to change with snakes, as I said earlier I purchased a snake that was placid and now it regularly tries to bite. So temperament isn't important to me

haha this is funny.. Not to fussed as im getting my jungle in the next few weeks and she is nippy but looks awesome so cant complain.. She will be my first snake yay

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back