The 2010 Australian Herpetological Symposium, Cairns, Oct 1, 2, & 3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be any animals on display through out this event? Just was interested?

Will there be any animals on display through out this event?

there won't be any live animals at the symposium, but the location offers Cairns Tropical Zoo, Hartleys Creek Crocodile Farm, the Rainforest Habitat plus limitless herping locations. there is so much to see and do in FNQ, it was the ideal location for the inaugural event.

My only grievance is that I cannot attend! Not sure who is a representative for the symposium but, are there plans to make this an annual event? This is the kind of event that anyone with a serious interest in herpetology, should make an effort to attend. I know that if there will be further symposiums, I will certainly make it a priority to attend the next!

The organisers are committed to making this an annual event, and it will be far better promoted in the next 2 years, giving everyone who may be interested an opportunity to organise themselves to attend. It is proposed to hold it in a different venue/location every year.

Jamie.

Eh, what's wrong with having it in Cairns every year? I can walk down. LOL
I bet you everybody will want to come back.

there will be an announcement in the next issue of Scales and Tails magazine about the 2011 symposium.

Yep,,,, and my lips are sealed until then. lol

OMG!!!!! Do you know how hard it is for me to keep secrets??????? I just about burst. lol.

how come geckos are so photogenic, but hardly any have been submitted in our photo competition? there are lots of budding photographers on the aussie forums who are yet to enter, you don't want to miss out.

I was just reading through the program of events, bummer I didn't know about this event a little earlier. Quite a few talks I'd love to hear! Anyone want to hold a tape recorder for me!

how come geckos are so photogenic, but hardly any have been submitted in our photo competition? there are lots of budding photographers on the aussie forums who are yet to enter, you don't want to miss out.

If I had access to geckos to take photos of, I'd submit some haha

we have hit 300 entries in our photo contest, keep them coming. the judging round shortlist will be on our web-site gallery from the 26th September for you all to peruse.

good luck all

A few of us were talking about this the other night, unfortunately I won't be able to attend.

Someone asked the question, who is behind this or doing all the organizing????????????

No one seemed to know, I saw that Scales and Tails are sponsors but someone must be doing the bookings and all that stuff.......

I'm another one that can't afford the trip, maybe next year.
seems like a bit of friction floating around could be a interesting weekend

I just can't afford it.....otherwise I would go.
And it's only just down the road !!

I can't understand what all the negativity is about. I wouldn't have though the symposium could be judged until it is over. I think it is one of those things that is either your cup of tea or not. The line up looks very impressive. The information that people might need to take their hobby to the next level. I'm guessing it will be like a business course for the herp lover with all the extras. I am very excited about attending even if it's to carry peoples bags or shine their shoes. I will be a volunteer at the event. Cairns is such a lovely place to hold it. I'm sure the first year of any event is hard as no one really knows what to expect. It's like anything though, if its not supported then we all may miss out next time. You can either justify the cash or not. It's either your cup of tea or not. See you there.

I can't understand what all the negativity is about. I wouldn't have though the symposium could be judged until it is over. I think it is one of those things that is either your cup of tea or not. The line up looks very impressive. The information that people might need to take their hobby to the next level. I'm guessing it will be like a business course for the herp lover with all the extras. I am very excited about attending even if it's to carry peoples bags or shine their shoes. I will be a volunteer at the event. Cairns is such a lovely place to hold it. I'm sure the first year of any event is hard as no one really knows what to expect. It's like anything though, if its not supported then we all may miss out next time. You can either justify the cash or not. It's either your cup of tea or not. See you there.

I agree with this, personally. Nicely said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back