The $24 000 girl when she was a red baby!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptililian

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The current owner of the sublime $24 000 beauty is not a member of this site yet, and has asked that I put up some pics of the python before her colour change from red to yellow.

I'm not sure who the two yellow ones are, perched together like a pair of cheeky monkeys who have been caught stealing fruit, but I will certainly endeavour to find out and let you know. Sweet, aren't they!

I know, I know... there are no pics!!! But if someone would kindly tell me how to get them from my Dad's email inbox to here, you can all see more snakes. (Peterescue, you were no help at all! nice try though! I saved something, but I'm not sure what or where :? )

Open the file from the email, then save it on your hard drive, then load it here.

Mr Bredli, you are obviously of the mistaken belief that I am clever! I DID save the pictures. They are... somewhere! (Note to self,check for snake pics under pillow, in dishwasher and at back of underwear drawer)

them yellow ones look plastic like they do

reptilian,
Are those yellow ones in this same persons collection? I'd be very interested to know their history, look very similar to the 'canary chondros'. Very rare overseas and unheard of in Australian collections.

The red baby is beautiful isn't she. And like I said in the previous thread on her, the picture in herptrader does her absolutely no justice whatsoever!
Over-priced, shmover-priced, if I had a cool 24k I know EXACTLY what I'd be doing!

Splitmore, sorry I can't give you answer now, but I will try to find out for you.

Sssssnakeman, what's a "received files" and where do I find that??? I checked
my dirty washing basket, but I couldn't see it there! :roll:

i like the looks of both lots (red, and yellow ones)

but i dont think i would ever go buy the red one
but however i do like the yellows i could handle keeping them :p

I think the yellow ones are in the process of going green by the look of it, the Canary Chondros stay that beautiful yellow.

Splitmore said:
reptilian,
Are those yellow ones in this same persons collection? I'd be very interested to know their history, look very similar to the 'canary chondros'. Very rare overseas and unheard of in Australian collections.

I was thinking exactly the same thing Splitmore!

Neil

The yellow ones are mature snakes by the look of them - although chondros can change throughout their lives, those are adults and that's pretty much how they'll stay.

Jamie.

They just seem to have too much green on them, beautiful snakes but they aren't Canaries as they have blue or purpleish spots.
I should add I hope they are Kaifu GTP's as it would add a new dimension to our hobby. They are extremely variable so it is certainly possible

i once read some where that all aussie locality pure chrondos are yellow? and that the red ones were from indo etc.

anyone ever heard this?

(yellow-as in before the start their morph)

No red babies have been confirmed found in the Oz GTP habitat, or bred from Oz animals so far. So little is known about them though, and so few people have seen them that it could conceivably happen in the future, but absolutely not as common as in some NG localities.

Jamie.

Azztec,
you are right. There are very few pure Aussie GTP's in Australian collections. Ultimate has some of Graheme Gows old animals that are yet to breed. There was a clutch of 100% genuine aussies hatched this year by someone, there is an article on them in an upcoming Reptiles Australia issue. The rest of the greens in the country are descended from imported greens, or contain imported blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back