Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could pay 2 million in tax over my lifetime,LOL

On reflection, I think we are all playing into the hands of the OP who obviously knew the dissent such a topic would cause and has made themselves conspicuously absent while the rest of us bicker between ourselves, some one should come along and close the thread. I for one did not join this forum to make enemies with people over such a highly sensitive topic.
As I posted before this prob shoulda been closed before the 2nd page. I am going to refrain from posting in this thread, cos I'm sure I will get an infraction very soon. Work hard, take whatever jobs become available whilst waiting for something better

A couple of years ago (can't remember exactly when) there was an article on Australias young rich list, most of the top10 never completed highschool another thing most had in common was a basic idea and a goal which they never took their eyes of.

As I posted before this prob shoulda been closed before the 2nd page. I am going to refrain from posting in this thread, cos I'm sure I will get an infraction very soon. Work hard, take whatever jobs become available whilst waiting for something better

We definitely all have our opinions. ;)

I must admit, I'm surprised the thread has stayed open myself.

Social security is a touchy subject and the mere mention of the subject is usually enough to stir up a hornet's nest.

I am eligable for Youth Allowance, therefore I get it? Am I a dole Bludger? No, I work aswell. Im also studying. As far as im concerned, you rich people are doing me a favour :).

But I agree, you know, IF there is work, it should be taken by a person on the Dole. But there are so many variables to any given situation.

Say you live in some poor area, where housing is essentially cheap, you are on the dole, youve had a troubled up bringing, and havent recieved the greatest of educations. Now the governments gonna say yo look there is plenty of work...BUT what are the training qualifications for said work? And HOW MUCH will the training cost before you can enter said workforce.../ how long will the training be? The variables stack, and stack and stack. Is the work 150km away from you? How will you get there? etc etc etc etc.

As far as im concerned. School should split at year 10, trade training should start in a school environment, not TAFE.

The HSC in general is a rigged piece of yesterdays breakfast. Someone has to lose. and that makes it unfair.

To lambert I think you need to re read wranga comments I thought it was quite clear he was speaking about able bodied individuals.
thing is i am able bodied! i can walk, dress myself, feed my self do all that stuff 'normal' people do so therefore i'm classed as able bodied/independant its just my disability is neurological so it gives a stigma that is stuck on me making it hard for me to gain any sort of employment. i took the MCAT's and got 95% but can't go because they don't have the facilities,support and 'special aide' i'll need to get through med school and the bridging course. theres not many people that get 95% without studying

Geez the hypocrisy in this thread is through the roof. I don't agree that anyone should be able to be on the dole. If you have a disability etc then fine but to all the people who don't get some work there are plenty of jobs out there.

"Plenty" of jobs for fully qualified people with 2-5 years experience in their field. Stop generalising. It's tough finding a job even for the most experienced, almost impossible for anyone under the age of 25 with no formal qualifications other than a high school certificate. Hell, the job finding networks are a sham at best, and there's no incentive to go out and find work other than pride.

So before you start making sweeping claims, think long and hard next time, because this is exactly the reason why people on the dole think you're having a go at them - and I don't blame them.

Last edited:
So women with small children who's husbands leave them or vise versa should get nothing for their kids or are all single mothers bad women that have babies to get the pension??
Thats the biggest cop out. my old lady worked two jobs to keep me and my sister with a roof over our head dinner on the table and clothes on our body.

Jellis, are you a troll?, your first two threads are just a little touchy......
how does posting a topic like this make me a troll? i think its a good thread where people have expressed quite openly there thoughts and feelings about it. whats wrong with it?

So it is ok to bring a child into the world so you can claim money you don't actually need, that is a great value system to hand down to your children and I it may make them more productive but I'd rather have a nice hearted dole bludger for a kid than a mean spirited, greedy workaholic. Don't even get me started on the ongoing use of stereotypes being thrown around by some ignorant people.

some people need to be stereotyped. why should some one who earns $100,000 a year not be entitled to the bonus over some one on the dole.

the dole is 440 a fortnight wow, they are really living it up and partying on with the average rent being 200 and power going up 30% they really have it easy,
1 third of the Australian population are under the poverty line lets kick the dole away and make it 2/3rds
the percent of "dole bludgers" are minimal, my understanding is that 1 you have to sign 2 agreements 1 saying you will look for
a minimum of 4 different jobs a week for centerlink and sign up to a job network at the job network you sign one with them saying you will look for 10 jobs a week for them, then you have 6 short coursed to do including resume updates,cold canvasing, job seeking tactics
cold calling, interview techniques and advancing job outlook (making you more employable)
after those are done you have to either further your education travel at least 90 mins away from your home to look for work.
these are renewed ever month.
its not like you can get money every 2 weeks for doing sweet fk all also its equivalent to 2 payed days a week, and after 3 months u have to do either work for the dole or work at a charity at leat 2 days a week or your cut off.
so in essence if you cant find work in 3 months you MUST work 2 days a week to EARN your payment.
also people on the dole pay 20 a week in TAX.

Ever had an apprentice ship? Mate i earnt $220 a week paid rent food water bills everything same as alot of other apprentices plus i actually had to work. didnt get that money for nothing. would of been much easier to get on the dole. this is why i / people get annoyed with people on the dole

ohh geez, and what about people like myself who will never be in their dream job because of a stupid disability. FFS i can't even be in the passengers seat of a *****ing ambulance as a non-urgent patient transfer officer because i'll never drive. it's gits like you wranga that piss me off no end because of your lack of understanding as to why most people are on centrelink payments and your ability to be judge and jury all at once and label us.

it's not a matter of just taking any job, have a look in the paper and actually read what the job advertisments say or on line i'll give you an idea
SEEK - Sales Person - Full Time Position Job in Adelaide

i have been job hunting for 6yrs and had a cleaning job but in those jobs you can't get sick because you risk losing your job like i did (had my appendix out)
so until you get a grasp on peoples situations and understand why they're on payments, shut ya pie hole and go afk unless its contructive because people like me are sick of being put in the 'lazy twats' group when there's clearly a reason we can't get jobs!

only standing up for those with a disablitiy and that wanna work! Gods sakes!

i wasn"t talking about people with disabilitys at all but i do struggle to believe you have been job hunting for six years and in that time youve had 1 job.
maybe you should be less picky about what you want to do.

Hey you don't need to tell me about that, my ex's whole family come from there, it is a stigma that's hard to shake. All of them are now employed. Yes I do think it is greedy wanting 2 houses when there are people struggling to keep one house over their heads. By the time you retire there wont be any age pension. Saying poor people do nothing about it is a generalisation, not everyone is in a position to do something about it. I am not saying people are not entitled to make money, but don't whinge that it is welfare making you struggle to pay off two houses, maybe your spending outside your means and that is why there is a struggle. As for poor people crying poor, in my experience it is more often people who are not poor whinging about how hard done to they are. I don't have a problem with being poor, yes it is stressful sometimes when bills come around, but I'd rather be poor and happy than rich, greedy and bitter about having to work every waking moment to pay for my extravagant lifestyle.

Yes, I am so lucky that my landlord won't spend any money to fix anything in my house which he is waiting to become unlivable so the council will let him pull it down and build flats. I feel so secure here en the rents are flying through the roof so my landlord is working around the clock trying to figure out an excuse to evict me so he can put the rent up to way over what the house is worth. Not all landlords are greedy, admittedly, but the ones that buy house after house with no intention of actually maintaining them just so they can make more money are.

get a new appartment / house. there is nothing wrong with people wanting to make their own lifes better.
also "As for poor people crying poor, in my experience it is more often people who are not poor whinging about how hard done to they are. I don't have a problem with being poor and happy than rich, greedy and bitter about having to work every waking moment to pay for my extravagant lifestyle "
that is the bloody problem. why not want to be more than poor?
why can you not be wealthy and happy?
seems like an excuse that alot of people use so they dont even have to try?

On reflection, I think we are all playing into the hands of the OP who obviously knew the dissent such a topic would cause and has made themselves conspicuously absent while the rest of us bicker between ourselves, some one should come along and close the thread. I for one did not join this forum to make enemies with people over such a highly sensitive topic.

its funny i actually had to work over the weekend and wasnt able to get on a computer, sorry about that.
why should this thread be closed?
if topics like this dont get debated and talked about whats going to change.
and there is a definate need for change.
yes or no?

thing is i am able bodied! i can walk, dress myself, feed my self do all that stuff 'normal' people do so therefore i'm classed as able bodied/independant its just my disability is neurological so it gives a stigma that is stuck on me making it hard for me to gain any sort of employment. i took the MCAT's and got 95% but can't go because they don't have the facilities,support and 'special aide' i'll need to get through med school and the bridging course. theres not many people that get 95% without studying

well maybe its time to get a job?
if you spent half as much time on careerone trying to find a job as you seem to spend on this website i can imagen you finding a job fairly quickly.

Last edited:
And when you give the baby bonus to the middle and upper class, they generally give birth to potentially productive offspring. Perpetual dole bludgers usually give birth to the next generation of dole recipients.

Let me just step into the other room to put on my flame suit ;)

You need a new stirring stick, that one's wearing a bit low ;)

I have a decent job now, but remember when I left school and went into centrelink (or whatever it was called back then) and looking at the jobs on the board.

All I can remember is "Wanted: Junior chicken boner with minimum 5 years experience"...what the hell. Aside from laughing at chicken boner, can they really ask for a junior with 5 years experience :/

I know a few people that have lost their jobs and then applied for dole and they made it EXTREMELY difficult for them.

Did you know someone who lost their job because they were boning chickens???

Not quite. None of my friends lost their jobs due to doing anything fowl.

I'm equally disturbed when I go to the supermarket and see 'Cream of chicken soup'

I remember when I finished TAFE looking for a job in the graphics industry that they always asked for experience. The thing that fired me up the most was the infinite loop of "need experience? don't have it, need it, can't get it" What's the point? Even if they have experience, they still need to learn the systems used at the workplace since it is most likely different to where they last worked.

I have vowed that if we ever hire anyone, I will be taking someone on for their skills and not their experience - teach them and be prepared for a little leeway with mistakes... might turn out better than someone with experience. Also have to ask yourself, if they have experience, why are they looking for a job in the first place? (I know, many reasons for that, but not what an employer thinks about when deciding).

After a few years of trying to run my own business,somehow i am back on the dole.My lifestyle can't be paid for by the lousy $220 i receive each week.I have a son,rent...blah blah blah.Yes some people like sitting at home getting paid to do it.Not me,am glad tohave it available to me,just not the life i am looking for as a future.Work is out there,just not the job i would like.cash is cash.

cluck cluck cluck

my family owns and runs several companies two of which is a recruitment company we are non government funded at do not receive any funding at al by the government !
My position is operations manager ! i look after three companies 1 * recruitment , 1 * training , recruitment and the third compqany is events management and Av.

government funded job agencies contact our staff daily to offer there services some of which are good but most are shocking !!!

As long they find jobseekers at least 15 hours a week work they meet there performance targets set by the commonwealth then get funded by the government ! of course that jobseeker must be employed a min of so many weeks and min 15 hours to receive funding !
so while the jobseeker is looking for full time work the job agency is looking for min work.

our agency contacts or uses or contacts to employ staff for trade ( shows and expos , etc -easter shows ).
My agency does not take long term unemployed as they are less likey ( never ) to show up on the monday first day then some who has just left the work force !

my agencies mite have position going and 200 people apply via email ! out of that only 12 people mite have what i am looking for to meet the critteria. we interview all 12 round them down to the top critteria meters , lets say top 5-3 then re-interview and out of that there will be a clear standout by this time ?
our agency onlys takes the best staff available to the job market !
government funded agencys are required to see there clients on a regular basis under the social security act.
if our company sends out staff not suitable for that job then we dont get paid out recruitment fees !
so government agencies get money as long as you register with them , thats why why go look for a job with another government agency they refer you private agencys and theres no funding involed then theres no help to get you a job !

heres job seeker tips to geting a job !!!!
TURN YOUR MOBILE OFF BEFORE APPROCHING COMPANYS - no applicant gets a job with us if they enter our office and pay more attention to there mobiles than to the interviewer ! we see this everyday ! its not our job to reminder you that your here for a job ! and we want your full attention ! if we dont get it at an interview then employers wont get it at your workplace !
LISTEN CAREFULLY - when asked to fill out paper work do it dont disagree with staff ! applicants that disagree at interviews will disagree at the workplace ! always !!!
PROVIDE A COVER LETTER AND UP TO DATE RESUME - if emailing for jobs outlinning what position/s you are seeking if you need a new resume there are hundreds of templates on the net ( resume templates ).attach and send and call back in two days to check about progress of position/s.
IN INTERVIEWS I WANT 100% OF YOUR ATTENTION ! say no more !
BRING ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS WITH YOU TO THE INTERVIEW ALWAYS - trade papers or certs dont leave at home !!!!!!!!
Be READY ON WHAT QUESTIONS WE MITE ASK YOU !!!
Stage 1. Telephone Screening
The first stage of the process is applied during the applicant’s initial contact with !!!! Recruitment. We believe that a successful candidate should be able to deal with most situations in a professional and thorough manner. During the call we establish the applicant’s level of experience, manner, motivators, career history, education and desires. We specifically ensure that their expectations are realistic, and that they are looking for a new position for a valid reason. Those that manage to close for an interview will be invited in to see us, having established that they could be suitable for one or more of the specific vacancies we are recruiting for.
Stage 2. Initial Impression
A good candidate understands that anyone can have an impact on a decision regarding their employer and thus always conduct themselves in a professional and polite manner.
All applicants to !!! recruitment are assessed from the moment they arrive at our offices. This includes their appearance, their approach, the way in which they introduce themselves at reception and generally how they handle themselves in the presence of other staff and candidates.
Stage 3. Interview
!!! Recruitment implements a structured and fully investigative interview process. All applicants are interviewed by a minimum of two consultants over a period of one to two hours. Having previously received the applicants resume, our consultants are able to prepare the interview in a way that ensures all aspects of the applicant’s education and career history are thoroughly probed.

Job Interview Questions About the New Job and the Company
  • What interests you about this job? -
  • Why do you want this job? -
  • What applicable attributes / experience do you have? -
  • Are you overqualified for this job? -
  • What can you do for this company? -
  • Why should we hire you? -
  • Why are you the best person for the job? -
  • What do you know about this company? -
  • Why do you want to work here? -
  • What challenges are you looking for in a position? -
  • What can you contribute to this company? -
  • Are you willing to travel? -
  • What is good customer service? -
  • Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
these questions above are very simple questions but can provide good insight to your minds - the simple questions always gets an applicant !!!
SELL YOURSELF TO EMPLOPERS LIKE A SALESPERSON ??? IF YOU DONT THE RIGHT APPLICANT WILL !!!!
SHOW CONFIDENCE BUT NOT COCKINESS !
yeah i cant spell thats why i have receptionists

Last edited:
i work as a sub contractor some weeks without the dole i wouldnt have a roof for my family i work as much as i can

well said, i belive forums should abide by pub rules,
no politics and no religion :)

Thanks Reptilian Kman.
A good many people should be able to take an awfull lot from that post to assist them in gaining future or new/better employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back