The guns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought long and hard about what I want to get, but unfortunately here in Australia...and probably most other places...this would be banned or near impossible to get your hands on. I'd probably use it for a smidgen of duck or even quail shooting :lol: .....nobody would have to know I've got it 8)

[video=youtube;p4ebtj1jR7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c[/video]

Just out of curiosity, where do you shoot the animal? Is it in the skull, or is it better somewhere else on the body?

Each animal is slightly different (due to where the brain sits) but yes the head area is the best, most humane way and better if you wanna eat or save the skins. Also inbetween the front legs (heart) either directly or diagonally across in behind the front legs.
*But alot of people use outragiously HUGE calibered rifles and can not shoot, so they will gut shoot them or hit where-ever they can, thats why states have laws on certain calibers to kill certain animals so you don't shoot it somewhere and it run's away injured.

Ducks? JEEZ i hope all the blurb half you ppl come out with are talk.. Sound like half you shoot whatever moves. To me a game shooter is someone that goes out hunting FERAL species..I agree in a hundred years it will be wiped out.. Lets hope theres no war or anything then lol.. we wont be able to hunt nothing for food.

not a hunter- I like Harleys though and I have a 5 year old daughter- you do the math: ;P

jason25-04

Only shoots 22's- but I figure if it ever needs to be taken out I will be close enough not to miss ;)

Last edited:
I do not shoot everything that moves, like some! There are plenty of times we go out & never fired a round all night. (I'm talk 8pm-2am, & nothing) As I mentioned early on, I am a fairly serious game/feral shooter, currently involved in a few cull projects and pest control on properties & wildlife reserves. I do this for fun & also because I live on a property where some of these feral/game animals do pose a big problem to our livestock & ruin fences. The duck remarks where purely a joke, but I do believe there number are out of control in the area.

Hope this clears up any mis-understanding.

Well i dont know what goes down with your ducks where you are , but on the coast atm we have a terrible problem with our ducks. There definatly NOT feral.
Over the last few weeks numerous articles about ducks nesting in pot plant on ppls varndahs etc due to another habitat destruction.
My mother lives in wyoming and rang me last week as she also had the problem of a mother duck with 8 babies, no older than two days and its obserd as to how she ended up there. with two german shepherds and two cats, they were lucky my mum locks them in at night.
Thing is on here, you can all sit here and say ohhhh its like fishing we wait for the right thing for 6 hours! and could still get nothing...As long as its the right thing you shoot is my point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back