Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JordyC

now after alot of hard studying, working a terrible job for months and almost 2 years of persuasion my parents have finally let me get a snake :DDD SO EXCITED :D haha im now into the hardest part i believe and thats picking a snake :S oh well ill find one soon enough just cant rush anything :p anybody whos on the Gold Coast with hatchies for sale or soon to be for sale shoot me a pm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When choosing your first snake, don't get something you like, get something the parentals will love lol.
That way it will be easier to get more when the time comes ;)

Lucky! i would love my parents to say yes. Get a BHP :D

Congrats for when you get a snake but it would help if people had a idea of what your after. Look in the for sale section there are plenty of hatchies there. Best of luck

Haha 2 years long time and suggest a jungle you can get really nice colours or like a stimson and spotted I like them but it's up to you

That's great news Jordy happy for ya. Get a scrubby lol

hahaha thanks for the tip bro has been edited :p parental friendly?? please xplain :p

Scrubbies get massive and are notorious for being unpredictable. What size snake do you want big or small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think they meant (not that you can never know 100%) one thats known to be more for being placid but looks nice as well. (Just what i think they meant :) . )

a great choice for a noob snake owner would be a spotted, childrens or stimsons. they dont get huge, pleasent to handle and family fall for them.

Yewww noob hahaha I would like something that would reach about 6-8foot after a couple of years :p so I can slowly but kinda quickly get fam used to different sized snakes ;)

Darwins are great. Nice looking usually placid. Bredlis are also meant to be placid (mine aren't) but look really nice as well. Jungles are apparently bitey but it depends on the snake, some are placid some are the devil.

You could also go for a woma they are cool. Definetly on my list for next snake. I will also warn you snakes ate very addictive, one normally turns into many.

Last edited:
What I meant was, get a snake that your parents will fall in love with even if you don't like it as much. That way, you can get more snakes, if you get one they don't like, it'll be your only snake lol ;)

Yewww noob hahaha I would like something that would reach about 6-8foot after a couple of years :p so I can slowly but kinda quickly get fam used to different sized snakes ;)

Murray Darlings mate, can't do better! :)

id probably suggest a woma... they are pretty and (from what ive heard) really placid as long as you feed with tongs. They also dont get as big as some of the other morelias =]

Agree with LizardLady. Cant go wrong with an MD, they're just gorgeous.
Have a look on Doc Rocks website 'Southern Cross Reptiles' I think there is an article on keeping and breeding them.
Dave

Very good choice.woma's are placid,slow moving snake,don't get massive like a scrubby,are gorgeous to look at,funny as cool,your mum will fall in love with the panda eyes and liilte black nose,dad will like the placid strength and power.and you will love em cos it's yours.they don't like to climb very much but love a warm rock to lay on,and mine says good morning to me everyday.i love my jeffrey.

Nice mate your so lucky because ive been trying to get a rep for many years and only got a baby pair of beardies on sunday (all those years mum said there ugly etc now she recomends them to everyone and i cant take her away from them) so i hope thats the same with your mum about the snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back