Today's callout:)!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

These are real cuties, love callouts like this:)! Some were still consuming the afterbirth as I arrived. And one of the new mum.

Attachments

• Callout birth 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Callout birth 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 442
  • Callout birth 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    Callout birth 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Callout birth 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    Callout birth 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 344
Aww cute! I bet that made your day. Also, I didn't know they had so many each time or is this an unusual case?

16 bubs all told, but I believe they often have more (up to25?).

Sometimes you have to relocate them away from the family pet dog or cat.

Sometimes the punter is just so phobic they want/need you to take it away.

Im sure you have a great spot to take them to Richard.

I was thinking the same thing Manda... why would you get a call out about something as awesome as blueies in your garden???

Sometimes you have to relocate them away from the family pet dog or cat.

Sometimes the punter is just so phobic they want/need you to take it away.

Im sure you have a great spot to take them to Richard.

Spot on, Baz, cats (5) and the family Yorkie Terrier were already "hovering" about the shed where the mum was giving birth and none of the cats belonged to the householder. The caller was a great guy, who's now looking to join our snake team:)! His little boy cried when I took the babies away and dispersed them at our 20 hectare, cat/dog free Woodland Centre.

job well done varanus sounds like he did the right thing in calling you just in case the cats and dogs got some

I'd like to see that:)! I thought your yard was a Woodland Centre already, Nigel?!

Im going to offend a lot of people but relocate the dogs and cats! Those babies are beautiful! I'd be the crazy old lizard lady!

The caller really wanted to "relocate" a few of the cats, but his young son was watching:)!

Wow. I never knew they had so many!! I always thought being live bearers......of such big babies too by the way, that they only had 2 or 3 maybe!!

As for the idea of not relocating them.......if the yard isnt safe the yard isnt safe & the caller made the right choice! Im sure they are much safer in their new home!!

Eastern Bluies are quiet tiny when born these were 60mm tops), though Shingleback young appear almost half the size of their mother (1-2 offspring). It seems the survival rate for newly hatched Easterns is very low, but, despite all the cats and dogs we have locally, we also have a Bluie resident in every second storm water drain and garden in town, so something's working for them:)!

Oh ok, cool, i always thought they were bigger. Ive never seen a baby bluey 'in person', but in pics they look bigger. They are very cute. Its always great to see any kind of wild life out & about, we have a heap of snakes, water dragons & monitors around our area, which always makes the afternoon walks that much more fun!!

Oh ok, cool, i always thought they were bigger. Ive never seen a baby bluey 'in person', but in pics they look bigger. They are very cute. Its always great to see any kind of wild life out & about, we have a heap of snakes, water dragons & monitors around our area, which always makes the afternoon walks that much more fun!!

Lucky bugger, all I get is big, angry EB's (and Bluies, of course);)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back