Today's callout:)!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky bugger, all I get is big, angry EB's (and Bluies, of course);)!

I rarely see anything when i remember the camera though!! We seen a huge monitor on the weekend, as i am still learning about identifying, im not sure exactly, but i think it was a water monitor, it was gorgeous! We see tree snakes almost every walk, they are always in a hurry to get up the trees out of our way though, & on a number of occasions we have spotted some HUGE coastal carpets, heading into the reeds along the waters edge. We spot turtles often & just found a massive Koi the last time we were feeding the ducks. Its nice, our last neighborhood we seen nothing but drunks & rubbish!!

I rarely see anything when i remember the camera though!! We seen a huge monitor on the weekend, as i am still learning about identifying, im not sure exactly, but i think it was a water monitor, it was gorgeous! We see tree snakes almost every walk, they are always in a hurry to get up the trees out of our way though, & on a number of occasions we have spotted some HUGE coastal carpets, heading into the reeds along the waters edge. We spot turtles often & just found a massive Koi the last time we were feeding the ducks. Its nice, our last neighborhood we seen nothing but drunks & rubbish!!

Are you on the East Coast, could be a Lace Monitor? Some pics would be nice:)!

Are you on the East Coast, could be a Lace Monitor? Some pics would be nice:)!

I am on the east coast, so perhaps it was. Im taking the kids down to the park later today, & ive got the camera ready to go, so i really am hoping we see him again! Id love to know for certain what he is, i didnt get a great look at him last time, as once he spotted us he ran into some thick overgrowth, on the way back he was still hiding but had his head poking out. So cute anyway whatever he is! If i get pics, i will be sure to post them.

Thought I'd add this little fella here, sort of the down side to the upside. I've had him now for a few months following a cat attack; didn't think he'd make it (puncture wounds to the spine), but looks promising now:)! Loves his mice, and greens, of course (appologies for pic quality).

Attachments

• Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    Bluetongue-cat attack rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 59
I should have mentioned, any thoughts on release dates, given that he's lost his primary fat store (tail) and brumation is only a few months away, at least for local herps? Keeping him in care until next season may be the more viable option??

Any excuse will do:)!!

Attachments

• Boris 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    171 KB · Views: 45
  • Boris 028 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris 028 [1600x1200].jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back