U.V Lights On dragons who uses it.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHo uses U.V lights on there dragon tank

• I do (They Need it)

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I don't (they don't need it)

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • To expensive

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • My tanks to hight it would do nothing any way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is goin to get interesting

I wouldn't think so. There is only one answer to the question; all dragons must have access to UV, whether it be by UV lights or regular access to the sun. Anyone who is not providing UV to their dragons should hand them over to someone who will look after them properly.

Yeah it is isnt it?? Whoever said its too expensive shouldnt have reptiles!

I can't believe people have voted, "too expensive". Um, if you can't afford proper care for your reptiles, you shouldn't own them in the first place.

You beat me to it Miss B... If you can't afford UV lighting you shouldn't have purchased your dragon in the first place...

though i do agree that they can be too expensive, i think that they are 100% necessary. so put me down for a semi-reluctant yes, because i would never let my beardy go without it.

And the "They dont need it" option that people are actually clicking? I think they need to go back to Herp Preschooll!

i run nec t10 on all mine and move 3 uvb high spectrums to a different cage every day as i have 20+ cages and it can be a bit expensive so i just rotate them and replace after six months plus as we clean the cages every saturday they go in the sun for awhile
mick

yeh, i throw in a bit of actual sunlight whenever i can, even just 20-30 minutes on the window sill, and he loves it.

There is a keeper on here who doesn't give his dragons UV. His claim (and I'm not doubting it) is that if the feeds are dusted and they have the right environment and heating they don't need it. (pretty sure thats what he once said)

Mine have T10 and Compact Max 10 (not at the same time!)

lm not sure about the window sill sun baking...l have heard" true or false" that UV rays do not penetrate through glass...what are your views on this??
And yes l use UV in all of the dragon enclosures as well as putting them outside to sunbake when the weather is suitable here in Melbourne.

You're right jan, glass will filter out an extremely large amount of the UV rays. If the window is open though, with only flyscreen preventing the dragons escape, a useful amount of UV rays will penetrate.

I know of a few high-profile keepers who do not offer any UV to their dragons. Some of them give it to their hatchlings and juveniles, some don't. A few different theories behind it, but we use mercury vapour bulbs so we're in the clear either way!

I use mercury vapour bulbs as they provide UV & have a good working life.Beardies need their sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back