UFO's, Aliens & Ghosts do you believe?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ufo's, Aliens and Ghosts do you believe

• Yes, I believe

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • No way

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Possible, universe is too big for us to be alone

Votes: 44 36.7%
  • I am secretly an alien

Votes: 31 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had waaaaay too many experiences to note them down.. so yeah, I am a huge believer. I have had both good and horrible experiences, they aren't always nice!!!

I can't remember who wrote it earlier... but hell yeah... Magik exists!!!

UFO's???... I believe there is something out there, surely humans can't be that self absorbed to think we are the only life forms in this or any other universe.

I believe in ghosts & believe in supernatual's having had experiences. As for Ufo's & aliens, we would have to be very nieve to believe we (humans) are the only living things in the universe, don't you think?

Nope I don't think that bredligirl.. I think humans rely on the fact that we AREN'T the only species in the universe. Personally, my htoughts are the chances life occured on earth are so sporadicly unusual - so the fact the universe is so mind boggingly large you'd like to think there's more life... but the chances of it occuring are so infinitesimally small that there's also a chance there is no life!!!

But keep thinking positive - that we're not alone... because we all love to believe!

Hi all,
This is my first post but for anyone who was spooked by the "ghost swing" I thought you might like to know there's an explanation for everything - [video=youtube;l54W2gM-gYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54W2gM-gYM[/video]

Gingers are creepy though...

Dr Karl K on triple J. said "there are more suns in the universe then there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth" that alot so the chances are pretty good for all the factor to create life of some sort.
Who knows we could be the first planet with life?
We have living things at the most extremes places on our planet.
Hey if god can live in space or another planet why can aliens?

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Extraterrestrial life.htm

The statitistics

1) The number of galaxies. An estimated 50 billion galaxies are visible with modern telescopes and the total number in the universe must surely exceed this number by a huge factor, but we will be conservative and simply double it. That's 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the universe.

2) The number of stars in an average galaxy. As many as hundreds of billions in each galaxy.

Lets call it just 100 billion.

That's 100,000,000,000 stars per galaxy.

3)The number of stars in the universe.

So the total number of stars in the universe is roughly 100 billion x 100 billion.

That's 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, 10 thousand, billion, billion. Properly known as 10 sextillion. And that's a very conservative estimate.

4) The number of stars that have planetary systems. The original extra-solar system planet hunting technology dictated that a star needed to be to close to us for a planet to be detected, usually by the stars 'wobble'. Better technology that allows us to measure the dimming of a stars brightness when a planet crosses its disk has now revolutionised planet hunting and new planets are being discovered at an ever increasing rate. So far (August 2003) around 100 have been discovered so we have very little data to work on for this estimate. Even so, most cosmologists believe that planetary formation around a star is quite common place. For the sake of argument let us say it's not and rate it at only one in a million and only one planet in each system, as we want a conservative estimate, not an exaggerated one. That calculation results in:

10,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe. Ten million, billion, as a conservative estimate.

5) The number planets capable of supporting life. Let's assume that this is very rare among planets and rate it at only one in a million. Simple division results in:

10,000,000,000 planets in the universe capable of producing life. Ten billion!

For another approach I recommend The Drake Equation. This states that the number of communicating civilisations in our galaxy (note, our Galaxy only, not the universe) likely depends on a number of factors which must combine to yield a habitable planet where life has the chance to develop to a certain level of technological know-how. These factors include the rate of formation of stars like the Sun, the fraction of those with planets, the fraction of Earth- like planets, the fraction of such planets where life develops, the fraction of those where life becomes intelligent, the fraction of intelligent species who can communicate in a way we could detect, and the lifetime of the communicating civilisations. As you may imagine, There is a lot of debate about reasonable values for most of these factors.

Frank Drake's own estimate puts the number of communicating civilisations in just our Galaxy alone at 10,000.

Even though the figures I have used cannot of course be considered to be accurate, at least the figure of 10 sextillion stars in the universe is most definitely an underestimate. The number of life supporting planets that may be orbiting those stars is impossible to say, but by any reasonable estimate must surely run into the millions, if not billions. This is easy to justify on the basis that following the Big Bang the most abundant material in the universe was hydrogen and helium, being the most simple atoms, and this material forms the bulk of the raw ingredients for star formation. All stars begin life in the same manner, by the gravitational drawing together of these basic elements that then gravitationally collapse to form a star. Apart from size, all stars begin pretty much the same, with the remnants of the hydrogen and helium clouds that are not absorbed into the stars forming an orbiting disc that goes on to form the protoplanets. With this same process repeated many billions of times it would be only statistically reasonable to expect that many planets would have similar characteristics, and would be capable of supporting life of one form or another, just as our planet does.

In order to answer the question of the existence of extraterrestrial life, it need exist on only ONE other planet. Given those odds, how can it not exist?

A couple of not to technical flaws with those stats tho...

The 100 planets they discovered are all generally the size of saturn... unable to support life (it's a gravity thing apparently).

One in a million isn't rare - all things considered you're one in 7 billion... That's 7000 times more rare than one in a million.

So - my guess still states we could very well be alone in this universe - and - as I said - we just seem to hang on to this ever so minute grasp that our existence requires other life to exist elsewhere... I wonder if cows have the same problem...

Theres no option for me on the list.

I believe in ghosts but I don't believe in aliens and ufos, I do believe that some of the people who see aliens and ufos are seeing real phenomenon but IMO it isn't life from another planet. ;)

but slimy your a man of science, the contitions on earth that enabled life to be born (heat, water, carbon etc)
there is a good chance that just 1 place out there has similar conditions and can grow something.. might not be an advanced alien or anything, it might just be a bacteria. and that is life so therefore i see it being possilble

plus who says that only the conditions on earth can create life... there might be gas based life forms or what not.
i dont belive in the little green/gray men or that aliens come to earth to abduct us for stuff.. i find that a fantasy. but having some other organism like bacteria somewhere else out there i find to be a certain thing

Mick

haha i dont know if they are male or female, either way that are of man kind therefore a man
ahaha

Aweeee c'mon rednut - you're just sore that I called you a ginga haha.. and your species are nearly extinct...

Yes I'm a man!!! Well, more a boy than a man... but male none the less!

Ok, this boy of science says...

Earth was jolly lucky (you can use other words other than jolly to add power to this sentence) to even get life. Think about all those incredible fortunes (and misfortunes) that had to of occured in order for earth to begin to support life. And then the high electrical discharges and the amino acids and blah blah blah - who even knows if that is correct...

ShalI continue?

Not only was earth so jolly lucky it just happened to be right, but many more coincidences had to occur in order to get any form of life... too much luck perhaps for this to occur elsewhere? I'd sooner beleive in god than the easy possibility that life exists on other planets.

What's that other new-evolution called? It's a cross between god and evolution - the hybrid of sorts - well, that one has more credit than a bunch of stats and possibilities...

So what it comes down to - as of yet I don't say life doesn't exist, I'm trying to squash the idea that it has to exist on another planet....

The mere idea that we're just one in 7 billion should give you an idea on how jolly lucky you're not an ant!

So in mere fact we're one in several hundred billion billion life forms on this planet... an ever larger number than stars in our galaxy!

ok i have read your posts wrong then mate.. i thought you were saying that life cannot exist anywhere else.

but if you are saying that it could exists elsewhere tho it is highly unlikly then i am good with that mate

cheers

No, I am just saying it DOESN'T have to exist and people can't say it HAS to exist...

I never said it could or couldn't!

HAHA.. it made sense to me :p

Aweeee c'mon rednut - you're just sore that I called you a ginga haha.. and your species are nearly extinct...

Well, yeah. ;) (No, actually you'd have to meet me to understand that one :lol:, to people who truely think the hair colour gags hurt deep, Im so glad you're all the same, it makes being me much more fun :lol:)

But seriously, I just had the feeling you were female. People, if you have a non-discript name, for gods sake put up the little symbol.

I've been holding back cause I didnt want to offend a women :lol:. Ah well, out the window with that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back