Urgent help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and if anyone is sitting there going hahaha, and you know him have a concious and let me know who he is, i will keep it confidential where it came from ..

I found an old petlink ad of his a wanted add, for water dragons in the suburb of picton, under the name christopher69 with the same email address.

It may be easy to scam people on the net but its also a great tool to track and trace people too !!!!

Even if you have not yet bought from him, but have had contact with him please PM or email me any information, any information will be kept confidential at your request .

Sorry Mrs I but i think he conned you,i hope the police 2 catch him and he gets what he deserves,next time Dont part with any cash,make sure you have the correct details,license number,address etc.Sorry again..

So sad when you can't trust a person to do the right thing :(
Very disheartening indeed!!
Sorry to hear you've fallen victim to this low life!
It's just a shame that there are people out there like this critter :evil:

can anyone do an ip check from an email address, it came into my hotmail so i dont have the usual options like you do in outlook.

I have done a search and only can come up witht the host address, not the users

Have spoken to two other people that were also in contact with this person, luckily they had not transferred money as yet.

Mrs I, you should be able to trace his IP from email with outlook.

Infact I think its the only one you can.

I'll PM you the details now.

The only thing the IP will show is what ISP he uses - and it already looks like he uses Bigpond going by his email address. You MIGHT be able to tell which exchange he uses if on ADSL.

You can't do anything about it but forward the IP and rest of the headers to the police if it gets that far.

His headers will show unless he knows how to not show them but I doubt they will have covered them..

You can get the IP address it came from (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and if you get that, and forward it to the provider, you could almost certainly find where the computer is, right?

EDIT - Maybe not where the computer is, but get more details.

His headers will show unless he knows how to not show them but I doubt they will have covered them..

You can get the IP address it came from (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and if you get that, and forward it to the provider, you could almost certainly find where the computer is, right?

EDIT - Maybe not where the computer is, but get more details.

I doubt an ISP will ever give an individual any information. The only ones they will give info to are law enforcement. And I'd be surprised if the boys and girls in blue would even bother going that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back