Urgent!!!! Very sick childrens python :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah! The RSPCA... I had a chat not too long ago with a representative who told me all rats that are used from reptile food are leftovers from scientific research, that it is illegal for pet stores to sell frozen rodents as snake food and that it would lead to a long and detailed investigation, and that under no circumstances are reptile enthusiasts legally allowed to breed rodents for their reptiles, in ANY state.

She was being absolutely serious. They really do know nothing.

Hah! The RSPCA... I had a chat not too long ago with a representative who told me all rats that are used from reptile food are leftovers from scientific research, that it is illegal for pet stores to sell frozen rodents as snake food and that it would lead to a long and detailed investigation, and that under no circumstances are reptile enthusiasts legally allowed to breed rodents for their reptiles, in ANY state.

She was being absolutely serious. They really do know nothing.

That does not suprize me at all!
The RSPCA are nothing more than oxygen thieves that dont have a grasp on reality!

Nah man that's true. I only feed my snakes vegetables, oxygen and my fingers. Its cool tho,...... my vegies grow back!

Ok Jacinta, I just thought he was a high yellow colouring. I have one of them lights out the back. doesn't attract bugs my butt! lol

Nah man that's true. I only feed my snakes vegetables, oxygen and my fingers. Its cool tho,...... my vegies grow back!

I've cut back on veges and fingers; my girls are getting fat. Apparently ice chips are good as well if the labs haven't been doing much research lately, but I don't need to worry about that; our contact in the labs will bodge up plenty on viral tests so we have plenty of food for our snakes :D

How is he Jacinta?need an update for all of us that care.

He is looking better tried feeding him again, but he wasn't interested. Will keep offering him food can't wait to see him when he sheds. Will post photos when he does. Thanks for asking Kittly Kirst :)

Jacinta, what are you offering him to eat? Maybe some of the guys on here will have some suggestions if he is still being fussy after he sheds. What was he like before as far as how often would he refuse food and when he took it how well did he hit it etc? If you can dexcribe what it has been like to feed Alladin in the past it would probably help.

Hi All,
Sorry been slack on here, started studying and its so full on.

There is no sign of eating or shedding. Am offering small rat, think i might try something else just to see if it is the smell putting him off as he seems scared of it.

He is also looking dry still so will give him baths again to try and get moisture into him.

Cheers
Jacinta

Jacinta, what was his feeding pattern like before? How often, what type of feed, how often would he get fussy? Also how big is he? My Mac is 70cm and about as thick as my thumb and he is taking 1/2 grown mice. Maybe yours would go something like a full grown mouse or two?

Jacinta, what was his feeding pattern like before? How often, what type of feed, how often would he get fussy? Also how big is he? My Mac is 70cm and about as thick as my thumb and he is taking 1/2 grown mice. Maybe yours would go something like a full grown mouse or two?

Hey Gruni,
Before he was sick he didn't really have a pattern he would eat when he wanted to and wouldn't if he didn't feel like it. but he would go about a month at the most of not eating. He would eat small rats when he did eat. Im going to offer a mouse maybe a different smell would help.

He may not be interested in feeding for a few reasons, Your heating may not be constant enough
to keep up with the night temp drops, He is recovering from trauma and they usually wont eat,
etc.
We are in the same area as your self and quite a lot of our adult Antaresia have stopped feeding
as the season is changing.
Just keep him warm (32-34 hot end), hydrated and offer him a feed once every couple of weeks, If he refuses dont be to concerned.

He may not be interested in feeding for a few reasons, Your heating may not be constant enough
to keep up with the night temp drops, He is recovering from trauma and they usually wont eat,
etc.
We are in the same area as your self and quite a lot of our adult Antaresia have stopped feeding
as the season is changing.
Just keep him warm (32-34 hot end), hydrated and offer him a feed once every couple of weeks, If he refuses dont be to concerned.

Great thanks for that stimigex :)

He ate! He ate! He ate!
Very excited. Aladin ate a fuzzy rat today. He is still on the mend. Looking a little better. Hasn't shed but hoping he will start feeding better now.

That is so excellent! I would still check out those threads I pm'd you incase he gets fussy again. Well done for hanging in there. 8)

Hi Jacinta,
I am sorry to hear about your little fella, I am glad for yours and his sake he is getting better though :)
Please keep us updated, would love to see some pics of him when he sheds. He is very cute by the way :)

Gruni I have looked into them. Thanks heaps :)

Blackjack1 thank you, and as soon as he sheds i will be photographing him :)

Thanks CrystalMoon. Keeping a close eye on him still but so glad he ate as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back