vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love animals, and I hate the thought of animals being killed inhumanely. These scumbags in the third world countries that not only kill, but torture animals don't deserve to live themselves. People in Korea torture animals when they kill them, due to the fact that they believe the more adrenaline the animal is experiencing at the time of death, the tastier the meat is. These are the areas of livestock produce that need to be stopped. These pathetic people should starve to death and torture each other for a feed, we don't need them.

On the other hand though, you pretend to know about the meat industry in Australia, which you evidently don't. You claim that livestock here have a bad life, I assure you any grain fed steer that has access to shelter is a happy animal. They get the best medical treatment, preventative care and eat better than you "vegiewhatsies". The end of the line for them is understandably upsetting for some (even me), but the animal doesn't know it's about to be knocked on the head.

Vegetarians take iron supplements, without these you'd have to eat meat. So in a world not as advanced as ours, you'd have no choice.

The talk of greens feeding the world is all well and good, but if that's the case why isn't subsistence farming in the 3rd world countries working? The farmers sell their produce for little cash, but why wouldn't they just eat it instead?

Please don't take this as a go at you, the "rant" was just a joke, because I couldn't be bothered multiquoting. Wanting to be a voice for the animals is very noble, and when I see the ads on TV about animal welfare, they hit home with me a lot more than the ads of the poor people. I have much more compassion for animals than humans.

For once i agree with your post, Well done sir.
(For the record i am one of this countrys food producers)

Last edited:
Yeah there are iron rich veges like spinach and mushrooms (and lentils?) that can substitute for that but otherwise I agree with that whole post KR. Well said.
This also just occurred to me. I think I thought of it last night but didn't end up typing it. For the people who have seen videos of a good abattoir and see the animals thrash around while their throats are cut, this doesn't mean the animals are aware and are thrashing because of pain. If it is done correctly, they are rendered brain dead before their throats are cut and the thrashing is muscle spasms. I think this is an important point because it is one of the big excuses I have heard from a lot of militant vegos and it's just not correct.

Beeman I don't know what you produce but I take my hat off to you. I understand farming of any kind is hard work in this country and the rewards are not often big. So much respect to you

This isn't a joke question, but do vegans eat honey? I'm seriously curious.

I seem to get different answers depending on who I ask :(

That mightn't be the case later in life. You've admitted yourself to taking them, also.

Before i became vego..i didn't realise how many meals that i was eating..they didn't contain meat. now the smell of meat makes my stomach feel funny haa

My vegan friends don't...because the bees make it..hard work right there lol

If honey contains any form of protein, or anything that boosts energy levels, the answer is no :p

I said i've taken them but i was pointing out that i've been vego for years now and i was fine without taking any supplement. you can get plenty of iron from spinach etc. I have vegan/vego friends that are really healthy. One guy i know...vego for 43 years and he is very healthy and is never sick

Full on ones don't. It's still a product derived by "exploiting the hard work of animals"
I heard one guy trying to turn people off by explaining that it's actually vomit. Mmm delicious, sweet vomit

If honey contains any form of protein, or anything that boosts energy levels, the answer is no :p

Why can't people just accept that there are people out there who are passionate about animals and don't want to eat them..or eat any product containing an animal...no need to make a joke out of it. I don't laugh at people and their religion etc

i think certain people took over this thread just to have a go at the thread starter !!!

the question posted was not about do you eat meat or are you a vegan or vegetarian !!!

while i do eat meat and eat alot of meat i agree way too much meat i accept that each to thier own i dont want the lifestyle most people have and i would agree that most dont want mine!

but i think hijacking a thread by a thread starter just to have a go at them about there choices of lifestyle in which they live it is unaustraaaliaanan ( bogan ).

we are all different and as individuals we should accept that others dont want there threads hacked by persons who dont agree with the views of others on here !!

this is not at thread on who eats what but who on this site is a vegan or vegetarian

By the way i am a bogan so have a go

Last edited:
Why can't people just accept that there are people out there who are passionate about animals and don't want to eat them..or eat any product containing an animal...no need to make a joke out of it. I don't laugh at people and their religion etc

Did you even read my post on the previous page? I said what you stood for was noble, I just pointed out that you were clueless as to the livestock industry in Australia. I love animals, too.

i think certain people took over this thread just to have a go at the thread starter !!!

the question posted was not about do you eat meat or are you a vegan or vegetarian !!!

while i do eat meat and eat alot of meat i agree way too much meat i accept that each to thier own i dont want the lifestyle most people have and i would agree that most dont want mine!

but i think hijacking a thread by a thread starter just to have a go at them about there choices of lifestyle in which they live it is unaustraaaliaanan ( bogan ).

we are all different and as individuals we should accept that others do want there threads hacked by persons who dont agree with the views of others on here !!

this is not at thread on who eats what but who on this site is a vegan or vegetarian

By the way i am a bogan so have a go

I know people took it the wrong way when i was only asking who was vego/vegan..there will always be people who will tell me i need meat etc...always

but thanks you are awesome :p

It's a shame Earthling isn't around any more. I think he'd be all over this thread

lol nice. If you've got a weak constitution I suggest skipping the section with the dairy farm video

Did you even read my post on the previous page? I said what you stood for was noble, I just pointed out that you were clueless as to the livestock industry in Australia. I love animals, too.

how am i clueless...i understand and know alot about animals and the livestock industry in australia. I said the animals SHOULD NOT be transported to other countries while still alive. They are put through so much....mistreated etc only to be slaughtered when they get there. If other countries want meat well bad luck they should have the poor thing put down before hand.... not put on a boat. The Australian livestock industry is a joke....they want money..most of them don't care about the animals well being..fair few do

It's a shame Earthling isn't around any more. I think he'd be all over this thread

I have it on dvd. My mate brought it back from the UK haha..when i watched it i nearly spewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back