vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
um why would people in Slaughterhouses use blunt knifes?

Ever tried cutting a steak with a butter knife?.. you would give up pretty quick.

Why would they make there jobs harder?

Yeah, i don't think so. I don't go by what the media says. I know enough without having to watch the news or videos.

no need to be rude.. i'm not an idiot i know how to read.

It has been proven time and time again (watching interviews with people who work at the slaughterhouses) .

Right....

i'm not an idiot i know how to read.

Then utilise the skill and read my posts. I agree with you....

Yeah, i don't think so. I don't go by what the media says. I know enough without having to watch the news or videos.

So what you are saying is that you aren't influenced by the media and have personally gone out and visited these stock yards/slaughter houses?

I quote you here
beardielove said:
watching interviews with people who work at the slaughterhouses

lol the three of us just grabbed that same point :/.
That's exactly correct Nadzzz. It's just not efficient. Apparently on this doco about Indonesian slaughterhouses it took the guy ten attempts to cut one of the throats. I can't see how that would make anything cheaper or easier

One of my vege friends told me you really do get increased energy levels for the first little while but then after a year or so it drops. She said most of her friends encountered the same thing when they converted

I'd be worried about them dropping if I stopped eating meat... I'm trying a clean bulk at the gym at the moment, protein is pretty important. IDK if I could do it all the time, but I'd like to incorporate a larger majority of these meals if the health benefits are definitely there.

I think a reduction is enough to make a difference. Like Kman said earlier, we probably eat too much now because of the availability of it. If you believe in evolution etc. then it would make sense that we evolved to consume small amounts of meat that we could catch and kill. This would have meant that it wouldn't have been eaten every day or in the volume that we do now. I'm only eating it once or twice a week now because of the cost and it does seem to feel pretty good. That could just be because I'm also exercising more frequently than I used to as well though

If a cave man can sharpen a spear with a rock i think that anyone working in a slaughterhouse can make there job easier and would be using sharp tools.

So what you are saying is that you aren't influenced by the media and have personally gone out and visited these stock yards/slaughter houses?

I quote you here

haha! Of course i still watch things on tv - I have alot of friends/relatives/friends on friends who have told me stories. And i know a lot of what goes on in other countries. And not everything the media says is correct but sometimes these investigations are correct. I know they may make it seem worse than it is to get people watching...but this hidden footage you see alot of the time...it's pretty damn true

I think a reduction is enough to make a difference. Like Kman said earlier, we probably eat too much now because of the availability of it. If you believe in evolution etc. then it would make sense that we evolved to consume small amounts of meat that we could catch and kill. This would have meant that it wouldn't have been eaten every day or in the volume that we do now. I'm only eating it once or twice a week now because of the cost and it does seem to feel pretty good. That could just be because I'm also exercising more frequently than I used to as well though

That's logical. How much are you saving a week by not eating meat? I buy all the heart smart stuff, and once a fortnight I have a feed of atlantic salmon. I try to eat as healthy as possible, and I've found that if I am careful with what I buy, I don't spend too much. My GF and I eat for about $200 a fortnight, although it's only one main meal a day, and a little bit here and there through the day (can't afford to have a big lunch as a uni student), I find that oats are cheap and good for breakfast. I'd like to cut down on the food bill, or keep it similar and eat more, lol. I eat a lot of tuna, too.

I guess I eat pretty well for a broke uni student, everyone else told me I'd be living of 2 minute noodles, haha.

Here I was thinking that meat just came from the supermarket/butcher and now I find out it comes from animals.:cry:

Two beardies (charlize and Iggy) a long neck turtle (Franklin) PJ (my cat) and i have a Little pug (boston) and getting a french bulldog soon

Are you going to feed your french bulldog a vegan diet? How about your cat? Do you feed the beardies crickets?

Yeah I hang onto every word of a "special investigation" on ACA when there's hidden cameras involved :p
I still disagree with you when you talk about other countries. We aren't in other countries and a person's choice to not eat meat in Australia has no impact on the slaughter practices in Korea. If a choice is purely based on ethical reasons about the fact that you don't want living things to be killed then I can accept that as your choice but don't talk about slaughter practices in other countries and use that as your reasons. It's just not logical

you are pretty rude. Clearly i started a post which said WHO IS VEGAN OR VEGO...not a post about being a smart***

You were the one ranting about the cruelty of animals within the livestock industry, I was informing you that you were wrong. I also agreed with you on the majority of your points, but you overlooked that completely and spat out useless posts.

haha wow has anyone told you ..you are annoying. yes because this thread was about what i feed my animals

Annoying doesn't make me wrong. The question is a valid one, if you buy meat products for your animal, you're supporting the industry you despise.

Yeah I hang onto every word of a "special investigation" on ACA when there's hidden cameras involved :p
I still disagree with you when you talk about other countries. We aren't in other countries and a person's choice to not eat meat in Australia has no impact on the slaughter practices in Korea. If a choice is purely based on ethical reasons about the fact that you don't want living things to be killed then I can accept that as your choice but don't talk about slaughter practices in other countries and use that as your reasons. It's just not logical

As i said i don't eat meat because i don't like eating anything with a face. The whole slaughterhouse thing was brought up in convo..never said that's why i was vego.

You were the one ranting about the cruelty of animals within the livestock industry, I was informing you that you were wrong. I also agreed with you on the majority of your points, but you overlooked that completely and spat out useless posts.

Annoying doesn't make me wrong. The question is a valid one, if you buy meat products for your animal, you're supporting the industry you despise.

useless now? and asking me if i can read. If you have nothing better to do than come onto these sites and try and put people down then that's pretty sad. Go argue with someone else please

As i said i don't eat meat because i don't like eating anything with a face. The whole slaughterhouse thing was brought up in convo..never said that's why i was vego.

What are you going to eat now?
orange-face2.png

6a00e5539e419f88330115709b6393970c-800wi

df62c_Banana-Smiling-Face-426x580.jpg

Slaughterhouses, rodeos, horse racing, animal fighting, circuses, the use of animals for human entertainment, fur farms, killing animals for certain parts of their body. Horrid.

"We must be the change we wish to see." Me being vego doesn't effect anyone else - just makes me feel happier knowing i don't eat my mates!

What are you going to eat now?
orange-face2.png

6a00e5539e419f88330115709b6393970c-800wi

df62c_Banana-Smiling-Face-426x580.jpg

alright that made me laugh hahahahahaahhah

Don't bother responding to me because you lost me ages ago. Fair enough if you want to argue a point but there's a way of going about it. I don't appreciate the way you come off..being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back