Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible that elapids and morelia could interbreed, unlikely and the off spring would definately be infertile. But there are cases in the US and UK where Woma's and Irian Jaya carpets have been crossed, they have yet to be priven to be fertile but it is definately possible that two separate species could interbreed.

I think it is possible that elapids and morelia could interbreed, there are cases in the US and UK where Woma's and Irian Jaya carpets have been crossed

I.J carpets and Woma's both being Boidae can cross but Boidae and Elapidae being totally different families would have little or no chance of interbreeding.
If it could be done, someone definatly would have done it by now.

i have read an article in a science mag that they have discovered that all lizards and pythons are venemous, just very weakly, (was orriginally thought that the bite of goannas and kimodos were just bacterial, but turns out to be a venom) the guy reasearching it even got a huge grant from the gov to dso the study and research, lol, wish i'd thought of it first, the gov can pay me to research snakes if they like
a bite from a human can cause as much damage and infection as a bite from a lizard ,,the human mouth is full of bacteria, like a goana, but we have not got venom glands, ipso facto,
no venom gland = no venom

hmmm. my mother-in-law reckons all pythons have weak venom glands. however she also reckons she's sighted a living tassie tiger in her backyard on the farm. must be hard to be an expert on everything heh heh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back