Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would absolutely love an olive python. I think they'd be an ok first snake temperament wise but their size is a bit offputting to the novice keeper. I don't find their size an issue at all but my mum does :rolleyes:

I know a couple of places where I can get an enclosure that will be the perfect size for at least a 10ft olive python or a scrub python.

Well you could try 'amazing amazon' ,just search the name on google and you should be able to find the online store' or if you have a look on 'gumtree' there are some large enclosures as well as a add or two for custom tank builders but your best option is 'amazing amazon' they have enclosure ,food ,live stock ,heating/lighting everything that you would really want for reptiles ,birds or fish.

I would absolutely love an olive python. I think they'd be an ok first snake temperament wise but their size is a bit offputting to the novice keeper. I don't find their size an issue at all but my mum does :rolleyes:

If your mom minds having a 2m+ snake around then I would give it a miss... doesn't matter bout the temperment. You can never be too carefull with snakes that size as there's no magic serum that will cure asphyxiation.

Yeah I know Amazing Amazon. They have almost everything!
Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thats exactly why my mum has the issue with the size. Also the necessary size of the enclosure doesn't appeal to much to her. And it's a big snake to control because I know my mums not gonna help with cleaning, handling etc.
Oh well. Woma's are a good size, nice temperament, nice patterns and good feeders. What more could I want?
actually I want a lot more. the list goes on.

I'm really lucky 'my mum wouldn't be caught dead with a snake' but she trust me and if I say something ok to handle then she will handle it and before you say anything I have convicted her before. My dad will handle all my animals but want look after any of them so I have got a big responsibility with the snake and my other animals. Mum will feed the lizards every now and then.

Last edited:
That's lucky.
My mum likes snakes but doesn't want a pet one. she has only just agreed to let me get a snake and says i cant get anything else but i'll have fun twisting her arm over that...

That's funny.:D By the way I don't know if you noticed it but I was trying to spell convinced and my iPad tried to correct me and come up as convicted.

Oh no I didn't realise. haha!
I think my next reptile (after I convince my mum) will be:
Knob tailed geckos or a beardie
then another Woma to breed with mine.

Knob tails ,or any gecko for that matter, are on my list. Just out of curiosity ,what species of knob tail gecko do you want to get?

I don't know what the name is but if you look at the thread photos that I started there should be a pic of it. ,its on the 2nd last page,. I also want a a banded knob tail or any 100% het for albino knob tails ,if they have been breed yet,.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back