Vote yes or no $ should u feed pythons while there shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you feed if your snake is in a shed?

• Yes

Votes: 99 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of mine like to eat when they're in shed, others don't. I've had the same problem as Brendan with a Bredli once. She only had it happen once, the skin rolled just like you said. All the other times she's taken food, she hasn't had a problem. I had a Maccie shed last week WHILE it was eating!! I didn't realise he was that close.. but while he was swallowing the food, he was rubbing back the slough off his face :lol:

u never know it may even stretch or loosen the shedding skin resulting in a cleaner easer shed.... i know tell me im stupid LOL

No way deffentaly DO NOT do it!

Why not?

This thred was started by some one who was telling a younger member not to feed
a snake during the shedding process and when it was pointed out that it is fine to feed
the snake if it will eat as there is no detremental affects in doing this, We were challenged on it with out putting up a valid point as to why it is detremental and still hasent .
As i stated in the other thred there is no reason not to feed if the snake will eat during this
process as it is not detremental.
There is so much misinformation floating around on the nett and people just pick it up as gospell and run with it

Is this feeding while it is actually shedding or just in a shed cycle? In a shed cycle if the snake will eat yes, if it is actually shedding no. I wait untill it has finished.

Some eat, some don't. When someone poses a question on here... "what do you think I should do/get?" a lot of the time they get told "Personal preference.. your choice".... well, it's the same for the snake ;) It's their choice that week, whether they want to eat or not.

Yes, but i strictly give smaller size feeds if they want it!
mrillusion; do tell us why u dont?? I'm very interested?:?

We have never had any probs doing it!

And I'm not sure why you are so set against discussion and argument on the topic! It is hugely unhelpful to have someone just say "Definitely not" without any reasoning behind it!

We have never had any probs doing it!

And I'm not sure why you are so set against discussion and argument on the topic! It is hugely unhelpful to have someone just say "Definitely not" without any reasoning behind it!

mrillusion; do tell us why u dont?? You appear to have some curious people out there?:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back