Vote yes or no $ should u feed pythons while there shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you feed if your snake is in a shed?

• Yes

Votes: 99 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont feed during a shed cycle any more because i had a jungle get a rat half way down then the shed started (i think due to the stretching on the head) and he spat the rat and had a bad shed and befor you all burn me no the rat wasnt to big. just my reason and ill never feed during it again

Last night I went to feed my Children's python and I noticed that her eyes were a little milky and her skin seemed a lot duller than normal so I gather she's due to shed soon. Normally she gobbles up her fuzzie but this time she wasn't interested at all.

my boy was coming up for a shed, but as I was feeding her, I offered one to him too. He took it, it was funny when he shed, there was a bulge in the skin where it had stretched over the rat in his belly! So we ended up with a strange shaped skin!!!! LOL

The simple answer is.
Allow your snake to be the best judge if it wants it.
If it wants it it will eat. If it doesnt it wont.
They dont have humans in the wild making that decision.
A part from if you think it is carrying good enough condition and you think it can miss a feed dont feed it.

I've had a Diamond that ate while shedding. He was looking close to shedding (usually a feed will bring on the shed) and by the time I noticed he'd already started there was no chance I could get the rat off him :)

my boy was coming up for a shed, but as I was feeding her, I offered one to him too. He took it, it was funny when he shed, there was a bulge in the skin where it had stretched over the rat in his belly! So we ended up with a strange shaped skin!!!! LOL

see its not just me who have had this happened or nearly happen to and yea it was kept legally on my license i was only 12 the so my parents did all the paperwork for him and the record book thats why i didn't know how to fill out a record book and i just looked after him and feed him and changed his water every few days. thats my reason FULL STOP.

Ok then. By the way, is it just my eyes, or is the votes 74 to 30?

i say it poll is inconclusive because only a small pencenage of people voted out of all the people that viewed it over 100 voted and over 1600 where to lazy to vote

my snakes are always fed regardless if they are in shed or not. only one of the snakes refuse when in shed.

Quite often if they are in shed and i feed them, within a few days the skin is off. Never had a bad shed with any of the snakes.

I figure if they want to eat they will.

i say it poll is inconclusive because only a small pencenage of people voted out of all the people that viewed it over 100 voted and over 1600 where to lazy to vote

That is right. You are making excuses for being wrong, you just wont admit it. Only about 5 people in this thread said why they didnt feed while there snake is in shed, and then a lot more informed us why they do feed in this thread, because it is out of experience, not internet rumours.

In my experience, this is pretty close to representative of the herpers that I've spoken to. Many feel that a good feed will bring on the shed IF the python will eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back