Warning please do not let your pet pythons to get near your face

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I learnt this lesson the hard way too. My Bredli bit me on the eyelid once when I let him get just a little bit too close to my face. Lucky he was only small (a yearling) at the time and there was just a small amount of blood and no real damage but it gave me a bit of a shock still.

I hope the snake will recover ok les.;)
ssssnakeman, ( Baz ) just letting you know my 18 month old Olive Python has recovered fully from bitting me on the face yesterday morning, she now wants to meet you so she can give you a bite on your nose hahaha. let me know when your free to meet her.

l know this one is a female so all she was trying to do is give me a love bite, but my lips were to big for her to get hold of, so she instead bit me on top of my nose and below my left eye, l know she would not try and harm me mate.:p.

Last edited:
Recharge said,
you should only use alcohol as an absolute last resort, go stick some mouth wash in your mouth and not spit it out and see how you go, your snake cannot spit, and the alcohol burns for quite a long time. try the usual alternatives first, snake under water or under running tap etc if you can.[/QUOTE]

Water did not work & when a 2.5m diamond had half of my hand in its mouth trying to eat it & its body wraped around my arm, & I had come from his outdoor enclosure in the back yard to under the house with claret running everywhere & open the child proof cap on the metho bottle one handed, I was not too worried if the snake could breath for a bit & when he let go immediatly, the first thing I did wash wash his head under the hose. A few minutes later he ate his food instead of my hand.

Cheers
Ian

ssssnakeman, ( Baz ) just letting you know my 18 month old Olive Python has recovered fully from bitting me on the face yesterday morning, she now wants to meet you so she can give you a bite on your nose hahaha. let me know when your free to meet her.
Ah, Lizzy, you crack me up, lol

Last edited:
now I know why I always wear my glasses when near my snakes and we have a rule nowhere near the neck

I have been very lucky I havent been bitten just a few tags. Alvin did give me a food bite by mistake once and i lifted hand and snake coiled around it out of his enclosure and as soon as he was out he realised something was wrong and let go.

thank you so much for sharing it is important to be wary and i do need to remind myself that no matter how good they seem...it only has to happen once !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back