Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly appreciate this thread, im in tears, your (custom?) sack/glove is hilarious!

+1 :))))
But on a serious note, I was just like you 12 months ago! ( not the sock/glove thing bahahahaha! sorry) just scared. Now we have 3 snakes and its funny how i just get the hook and get them out myself! I recon my kitten bites harder then a snake its just the shock of being bitten by a snake that scares you! So get the hook, take a deep breath and pretend you are a tree - no qick moves and you be right - good luck:)

Where does one buy this glove? I must have one......

I'm adding to this late, just in case it's useful, but I found well-fitting leather or suede gloves were perfect for handling fractious worms. For a while my Stimson's got really, really snappy, and when I was given my Proserpine girl she was 2.5m long and quite bitey. I don't mind being bitten, but I don't love it (especially from a 2.5m carpet), so I just wore gloves when getting them out, largely because I was more worried about what I might do to their mouths if I jerked back in instinct. They're slim-fitting, allow my hands to remain dextrous, have good grip, and protect from little python teeth, which gave me the extra confidence to be fluid and, well, confident in my movements. No need to use the gloves now, so I don't, but I did find them very useful, and they still live in my "reptile cupboard".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back