Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frodo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, went down the bush today to see what i could find, I live on the Georges river. Anyways i was very disappointed i only seen about 20 water skinks!!! a Few years back i use to see jacky dragons, eastern water dragons, black snakes and even the occasional lace monitor. Just a shame not to beable to see anything very interesting down the bush anymore. Theres no question in this post just thought i would share my findings.

Cheers Frodo.

Cool!! been herping around hear and found nothing :(...... used to be sooo good for herping but lately reptiles are few and far between

few and far between! ive seen more wild snakes in the last three days then the past three years up here.
on wednsday night i got a call from a mate which said "CHARLES GET UR ASS ROUND HERE WE GOT A SNAKE". i was their in about three seconds and got the snake, it was a slatey grey that snakesNT come and picked up from me today. that night on the way to the shops we seen a snake crossing the road but didn't stop so cant say what it was...
on thursday morning my i was in the kitchen and my mum was about to drive off to go to work and the next minute i hear "CHARLES CHARLES CHARLES CHARLES!!!" so i said..."OH SHUT UP... WHAT!" and she says "SNAKE"! at that time i ran outside and down to the front gate where i found a little common tree snake that had been caught in my gate. im pretty sure he was their overnight and all his guts were hanging out. i felt that the only option was to kill him so this is what i did.

sorry thats a bit off topic

i live in the blue mountains which is absolutely bleeding with reptiles! on a average day you could expect to see mountain dragons, jacky dragons, pink and blue tongues, black snakes, water dragons, leaf tail geckos and if you look hard enough the occaisional diamond python

lol oh yea...i forgot about those charles hehehe...

I live in Suburban Perth and sadly, there is very little around here. The only reptile I have seen so far was a blue tongue but it had been run over by a car so it's wasnt a good sighting.

Used to live on 10 acres with horses and there was an abundance of tiger snakes and I was constantly calling the reptile park to come and pick the snakes up from me to be relocated (cant have tigers around horses 'specially foals cause no-one wants to back off) Didn't see much else I'm afraid

I live on the south coast of nsw (Jervis Bay) you dont really see much round here, just the occasional snake basking on the side of the road and blue tongues wandering around and the occasional jacky dragon till you go bush walking through the national park there you will find endless counts of reptiles......

where abouts in jervis r u ???

i was down there last week at a mates place, didnt find any herps in the bush tho :(

i think where i was was called bomaderry, it was near robster rock anyway if u know where that is

cheers, jono

It's only november, give the herps a chance to come out after winter.

My wife saw massive beardie or water dragon on the bank of creek on way to work yesterday, said its back legs the diameter of twenty cent peice! must have been soaking up the sun! wish id seen it!

that night on the way to the shops we seen a snake crossing the road but didn't stop so cant say what it was...

A bloody mess? Lol...Sorry couldnt resist :D

Yeah Frodo...I've been herping for abit lately now in our bush...Used to see tones of reptiles but I can only find some skinks...And the only snake i've seen is a red belly black that got caught in some netting....:(

I havent been up the mountains of brisbane but when I do I never get disapointed

Im in Sanctuary Point nobojono, do you come down this way often..... its a boring ol place really....

my mates place just down the road from me is like a jungle. His dad is an old gardener and has created the daintree rainforest on every inch of their property with the use of good knowledge and about 40years of time. Anyway, this obviously brings out the wildlife and they have a resident Diamond Python. It sometimes gets seen in his shed or on its way to the bird avary to hunt for rats. Thats pretty cool considering we live like 45 minutes from Sydney CBD. Other than that, lately i saw a huge water dragon while fishing down the road and a big blue tongue was in our shed the other day. Havent seen a snake in ages.
jamie

Went out again today i thought there might be a few more around after that hot weekend but still the same, skink after skink ohwell im going down the coast this weekend and i no a few good places down there so hopefully ill see something good!!!!
cheers Frodo

Have you tryed changing the time of day your looking Frodo? Maybe a bit earlier in the morn or later in the arvo considering the hot weather. Though sure you've considered this.Parko.

the only thing i found at my place was a little frog...
but mum and dad get heaps of blueys, tree snakes, frogs and stuff. l
ucky buggers... their place backs onto great wildlife reserve thingy.

I have to go with Marc, where I live and work there is plenty of reptile action, at my house I have encountered carpet snakes, green tree snakes keelbacks, swamp snakes, water dragons
And at my work it's even worse same variety + red belly black snake, whip snake, golden crowned snake, red naped snake, dwarf crowned snake, brown snake, bearded dragon.
Green tree frogs, dwarf green tree frogs, emerald spotted tree frog, stony creek frog, graceful tree frog, striped marsh frog and the humble cane toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back