Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC-787

Reaction score
i was woundering what is a good first snake that grows to between 1.5 - 2 metres

childrens, spotted or stimpsons pythons are a nice start and within the size range

Morelia Carpet.....diamonds or integrades my first choice.....how about a scrubby....just kidding. Get a diamond, they're great & beautiful

You're lucky this is a reptile enthusiast centre. Otherwise I know many who would finish your sentence with "a dead snake" :(

i am already getting a pair of spotteds (i went with the spotteds as they get the biggest of pygmey childrens, spotted or stimpsons) and was just wanting somthin a bit bigger aswell.

Diamonds can be a challenge to keep healthy because they have reasonably advanced heating requirements. However if kept well they can be a joy to own.

Jungles are known to have a bad temperament and can be tricky feeders. However I have seen a pair of snappy, difficult feeder jungles become good feeders and good handlers with persistence.

The 1.5-2m range can be a bit tricky as many morelias are capable of exceeding this. Overall I would probably say a Coastal or Inland Carpet. Depending on what state you are in and the licensing system (and your price range) you may also want to consider a Woma.

a bredli will stay that size for a few years, by then you'll be in love and deal with it when it gets bigger! :)

i am in nsw so i can't have a woma as i only have a class one licence(i don't realy like womas)

how big do Coastal or Inland Carpets get also what about a darwin carpet.

Darwins can have more attitude then jungles, although there are a few people on this site with some calm ones.

Our coastal is just over 2m long (about 215cm) and may well grow bigger. Hugsta has a 9' (270cm) coastal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back