Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc

Reaction score
:DHi all you reptile fanatics. Ive got myself two beardies and i am planning on breeding them next season. I am also looking for new reptiles, particularly pythons, monitors or geckos. I was wondering what you guys would recommend. I am only class1.
Cheers:D

I am not familar with your licensing, but I love Stimmies! Beautiful tempraments.

If you're in WA, I've got a stimsons for sale with an enclosure and everything required for sale.
Excellent feeder, excellent handler.
PM me.

A species of python would be easiest IMO providing you have the right setup from the beginning. There is less feeding & cleaning compared to lizards.

Ackies are GREAT! I love mine..they are so friendly..they come straight to me and jump right into my hands for a scratch..They are a great 1st monitor

coastals or bredlis are good first snakes, ackies and beardies are good first lizards

my first was a diamond python, awesome temperament, can be a little fussy when eating but other than that easy as too look after. Our darwins are awesome too, eat everytime and never bite...

my beardies. the best pics i could find.
left pic, waroo
middle pic, waroo on top, kala on bottom
right pic, waroo on top, kala on bottom.
both name aboriginal for fire

Attachments

• DSC_0347.jpg
    DSC_0347.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0397.jpg
    DSC_0397.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0349.jpg
    DSC_0349.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Stimson pythons are amazing for a first snake, they have a great temperment. Here's some pictues of my 5 month old female Ziggy:

000_0018-1.jpg

000_0033.jpg

000_0035.jpg

000_0038.jpg

000_0007-3.jpg

000_0014-1.jpg

000_0004-5.jpg

000_0017.jpg

Can never have enough pictures of your reptiles :D

Also another snake would be the Murray Darling Carpet Python however they probably wouldn't be the best for a first snake unless you're willing to take a few bites to start off with.

000_0001.jpg 000_0002.jpg 000_0004.jpg 000_0007.jpg 000_0013.jpg

Murray-darlings are an excellent first python. They generally have a good temprement and don't grow as large as a coastal python. They are at the affordable end of the spectrum as well.

Also another snake would be the Murray Darling Carpet Python however they probably wouldn't be the best for a first snake unless you're willing to take a few bites to start off with.

Are you serious!? MDs are known for having a WONDERFUL temperament and are highly recommended as a fantastic beginner's snake...

...Chris - I think you lucked out with the psycho of the species ;)

Are you serious!? MDs are known for having a WONDERFUL temperament and are highly recommended as a fantastic beginner's snake...

...Chris - I think you lucked out with the psycho of the species ;)

I need to take back my statement! He's calmed right down now and doesn't bite anymore! I think he was just a little stressed out from being freighted!
</IMG>

i got a coastal as my first and i am so glad i got it. For a gecko go with a diplodactylus sp or a bynoes gecko. ackies or gillens are good first monitors

i got a stimmie for my first snake has a wonderful temperment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back