What is the BEST cleaning Products!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls!

Am curious, what is the best cleaning product for snake tanks.
Are there any tricks to the trade or do you have to go and buy the expensive s%*& to clean smell and the tank?

Any advice would be awesome :)

Thanks guys

I use F10SC it's a veterinary disinfectant, I use it all my snake enclosures.. You can f10 from most half decent pet shops that deal in reptile gear..

haha I have a baby so have the wipes readily available but not too sure my partner would like me stealing them for my snakes.
IS the F10SC a decent price?

haha I have a baby so have the wipes readily available but not too sure my partner would like me stealing them for my snakes.
IS the F10SC a decent price?

It's not bad I get it at my local for around $30 for 200ml, once diluted makes around 20litres, depends on how strong you want it.. I spot clean with it if my snake deficate and do a whole enclosure clean with it once a month.

Last edited:
F10 hands down

metho is the only runner up..

10% bleach/water works too but you need to rinse it off after cleaning.

Wondered that...So you can use Metho? Obviously letting the tank air out and everything after tho I take it?

I use metho once a week. 1:1 with water.. Give it a good scrub and let it dry. Leaves no residue like some bleach can.

6e2000f5-e56b-2d43.jpg
I use this stuff its great

F10 is the best no doubt. But i just use Woolies natural disinfectant lol, it cleans and doesn't leave any smell once wiped up.

wish I could afford that stuff haha but if other things work well might at well try them first. The tanks arn't messy just throught a clean would be in order, elimate all smells so its something different for the Python's!

You can get 200ml for $20 plus delivery if you look hard enough. i can pm the details of the mob as it is not allowed to be linked on here. they are good to deal with but deal with fury friends so are always surprised when you mention reptiles.

wish I could afford that stuff haha but if other things work well might at well try them first. The tanks arn't messy just throught a clean would be in order, elimate all smells so its something different for the Python's!
Yes it's expensive but, it's a concentrate. It's something like 5ml to 1000ml so it goes a long way.

You can get 200ml for $20 plus delivery if you look hard enough. i can pm the details of the mob as it is not allowed to be linked on here. they are good to deal with but deal with fury friends so are always surprised when you mention reptiles.

That would be awesome if you could PM me the details smeejason :) Would appreciate that very much!

Someone on here a while ago suggested a vinegar water solution but not sure what ratio that would be used

Yup. As does liquid dish soap and a good rinse.

I think cleaning is a victim of over thinking.

I do agree with you there, however I was more for eliminating any smell. The new tank (second hand) i got with my Bredli smells a bit so was after something that was both effective and snake friendly, sometimes the old dishsoap and water doesn't always cover it.

Thanks everyone who suggested :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back