What limits the number of Reptiles you own?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What limits the number of Reptiles you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are so lucky, you have reptile rooms!
I'm struggling for space because I still share a bedroom with one of my sisters!
But soon enough I will get that room and I might even get the space in the garage....

Minister of War & Finance, pure and simple.

It's better to ask for forginess then to ask for permission, that's how i got the collection i have :)

At the end of the day fella's - a happy wife = a happy life.
Wives or significant others effect the size of our reptile collections............

My significant other and money, my partner doesn't like snakes at all, as long as I keep my 3 away from him its all good, and I don't have the money to buy or feed anymore.

Money for me....Getting the house ready to sell for something smaller. As soon as we've moved I'm going shopping :)

My significant other and money, my partner doesn't like snakes at all, as long as I keep my 3 away from him its all good, and I don't have the money to buy or feed anymore.

If you got rid of the SO, your play money would probably increase so you could buy more, and no permission would be necessary.

1 - He who must be obeyed...
2 - Space in my Reptile Room (my enclosures are 'large', so space is limited)... (Although, having said that, I did come home from the Melbourne Expo this year with a rack! Gives me the opportunity to house another 32 animals! ;))

lol Why would you marry someone who will restrict the number of reptiles you can have?

Sometimes love is more important than a huge herp collection. If there was "no herps" it's a different story, but someone not wanting a menagerie is understandable.

EDIT

I think the partners that whinge about herps should consider themselves lucky, though... My GF has to put up with me being in the garage ALL the time modifying cars, or riding moto's. Spending THOUSANDS upon thousands of dollars in the pursuit of happiness (that only lasts for a while until you want more). Then there is the inevitable risk of a crash (when it comes to motocross) and the hospital time.

There are many hobbies that are worse than keeping a pet.

I once got out of bed at 1:30 AM (when I had to be up early the same morning) to go into the garage and finish rebuilding my dirtbike engine, because I can't stand having a job half done. My GF didn't take that too well.

Last edited:
space and time. I want to look after them properly and enjoy them...rather than being caught up in lots of work cleaning out cages

Also space...I like my jungles in big enclosures where they can climb up and have the feeling of being 'high' and of course that takes space. I need one of my sons to leave home so I can steal his bedroom as a reptile room lol

Minister of War & Finance, pure and simple.

It's better to ask for forginess then to ask for permission, that's how i got the collection i have :)

At the end of the day fella's - a happy wife = a happy life.
Wives or significant others effect the size of our reptile collections............

I was meant to have one only according to the other half, the it was two, then three, then a few in my office at work,then another at home and it got to the point where she said "whats the diffence between 10 and 15".... and that just opened the flood gates! haha! But the other day she did put a stop a new aquisition which i was a bit dissappointing but given the previous leniency I didnt want to complain because as you say a happy wife = a happy life!!

My biggest limiter would be space but hopefully moving soon so should have more room butdont knw if il get more animals or go for bigger/nicer enclosures.

I was meant to have one only according to the other half, the it was two, then three, then a few in my office at work,then another at home and it got to the point where she said "whats the diffence between 10 and 15".... and that just opened the flood gates! haha! But the other day she did put a stop a new aquisition which i was a bit dissappointing but given the previous leniency I didnt want to complain because as you say a happy wife = a happy life!!

My biggest limiter would be space but hopefully moving soon so should have more room butdont knw if il get more animals or go for bigger/nicer enclosures.

You da boss, Marcus?

haha - yeah I was which helped! When i went i spoke to the epa about it they said I needed written permission from one of the directors of the business whch was pretty easy - i wrote a letter from myself, to myself! =) I had a couple of BHPs and a Woma at work.

by this i ment that the only animals i want at the moment are main landers (we cant keep them in tasmania)

oh apart form these ablino blotchies lol :D

Really if someone could offer me a legal N.palfreymani, I would be jumping out of my skin and I am sure you would too. :p (And you apparently cannot keep those. :p)

I once got out of bed at 1:30 AM (when I had to be up early the same morning) to go into the garage and finish rebuilding my dirtbike engine, because I can't stand having a job half done. My GF didn't take that too well.

LOL...I did that once when I was pregnant. I got up in the middle of the night, and washed and polished the car.

LOL...I did that once when I was pregnant. I got up in the middle of the night, and washed and polished the car.

Funny you mention that, I finished my engine with a bowl of icecream and pickles.

Seriously, I'd fully give my gf a pat on the back if she got out of bed during the night to wash and wax the car, that is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back