Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Variety

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've recently got my first python (Childreni) & im looking to get another one. Something prettier to look at haha.
I don't know that much about certain tempraments or trends so im leaving it up to you guys to suggest my next python.

Preferably id like something that stands out, I've looked into albino darwins but i thought i'd ask here first for some more suggestions.
They have to be bright and stand out, Not get to big (in a hurry) and please keep in mind that im not an expert and still have alot to learn.

Cheers!

albinos are nice, another option could be a blonde spotted, not as pretty but very cheap and ive found very good handlers. there is also black and gold jungles i think look amazing and they do get big but over a few years

the blonde mac is deffinatly up there at the moment also, coming from the same family as childreni. Ill know what to expect :p

The wheatbelt stimmies stand out nicely. They are my favourite of the smaller pythons. You also have jungle pythons. The black and golds are stunning. They don't grow as big as other carpet pythons. What else? Water pythons are nice. Not overly colourful but the bright yellow belly against their dark upper side looks very awesome. What about a bredli? Nice bright red snake, but they do grow to about 10ft. Darwin pythons are beautiful. They would have to be my favourite of the Morelia family. The normal coloured darwins are beautiful.

I have a spotted and I'm still a noob at keeping snakes but, my second was a jungle that i just got recently. They are great snake and if you have confidence you'll be fine and have a great mate. They are great to look at and watch as they move around their enclosure. I'd also say to get a NORMAL darwin. I think they are so much cooler looking than the albinos because they have neat oranges, whites and blacks on them, imo. If you get a hatchling it's not gonna grow into a monster straight away but with time they will...

They don't grow into monsters at all. They just grow up to be a stunning, beautiful python. The jungles are very fiesty. But like sharky said, get a baby and your confidence will grow with your snake. You will learn to read its moods to know when to leave him alone, and how to handle him to minimise biting.

Mine freaked me out for the first few weeks because I thought she'd bite me! she still hasn't, I must be lucky :) But as you handle them your confidence grows. i think most people will be voting on a jungle for your next snake!!!

bredli's or womas. Awesome temperaments and can be kept in a click clack for a while

The wheatbelt stimmies stand out nicely. They are my favourite of the smaller pythons. You also have jungle pythons. The black and golds are stunning. They don't grow as big as other carpet pythons. What else? Water pythons are nice. Not overly colourful but the bright yellow belly against their dark upper side looks very awesome. What about a bredli? Nice bright red snake, but they do grow to about 10ft. Darwin pythons are beautiful. They would have to be my favourite of the Morelia family. The normal coloured darwins are beautiful.

Water pythons have a nice rainbow irradesance in the light I agree they may loo similar to an olive but the colour is what also makes water pythons special to me

Keep the suggestions coming guys
Not afraid to spend money on a unique python so all suggestions will be looked intoB

sorry to hijack this thread;I don't have any snakes yet............but I'd like something a little larger than a childrens,my son has a 1 year old ,It's nice,and I'd like something just a little bit larger but nothing too big as I'd like to keep it in the house.

I would say:
Smaller snake - Wheatbelt Stimmies, maybe Blond Macs.
Medium Snake - Woma
Larger Snake - BHP, Albino or Jungle

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to hijack this thread;I don't have any snakes yet............but I'd like something a little larger than a childrens,my son has a 1 year old ,It's nice,and I'd like something just a little bit larger but nothing too big as I'd like to keep it in the house.

How about a Woma?

Tanami Woma or BHP I love the patterns and temperaments of both.

Best choices from top to bottom top being the best
Woma- nice looking snake does not get to big great temperament
Black Head- nice looking snake get big though and can be feisty at times
Water python- nice snake though have heard they can be feisty. Jungle python- nicest looking out of all of them also the average jungle would be more bity then all of them to. If you don't mind a most probably bity snake then this is you best choice, plus this guys can reach 7-8 foot though that's a maximum:D

We are spoilt in Aust with a great array of awesome looking pythons, my personal preference is BHPs, and Qld Water Pythons.

Tanami Woma, they are awesome !
dcee2d85-a6da-a0d3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back