Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
childrens ugly? huh... i have the most beautiful male caramel childrens python and reduced patter female. so gentle and great with kids.

womas are great i have a male who is a great handler and great feeder, perfect snake.

I was a bit harsh to call them ugly, just not as much of a head turner as other pythons.

Childrens are still beautiful, but I get what you are saying. I find that the presonality of my spottie makes her the most pretty, gorgeous, amazing girl that I have ever loved. My jungle is pretty and a stunner to look at but you never quite have the connection with other pythons as you do with an anterasia IMO.

My top 3 answers for you would be:
1. Jungle, they are stunners and will calm down with handling.
2.Woma, they are beautiful and calm and don't grow overly large
3. Darwin, normal or albino, you still have a gorgeous snake!

That's what I would go for but idk, you might have something different in mind?

i think tanami woma should be on your list as they have great colouring and have a great personality ( well as great as a python gets!!) and are the small big snake if that even makes sense :p
i also think the bredli is a great larger python that show good temprement and have the 'tough look' plus bredli's are easy to find and not to heavy on the pocket!!

The wheatbelt stimmies stand out nicely. They are my favourite of the smaller pythons. You also have jungle pythons. The black and golds are stunning. They don't grow as big as other carpet pythons. What else? Water pythons are nice. Not overly colourful but the bright yellow belly against their dark upper side looks very awesome. What about a bredli? Nice bright red snake, but they do grow to about 10ft. Darwin pythons are beautiful. They would have to be my favourite of the Morelia family. The normal coloured darwins are beautiful.

I havent heard of Bredlis getting to 10ft? That would be CRAZY esp for a meaty python. ooooooooooooo wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Taken from a fact sheet about Bredli...
Named after its founder Josef Bredl father of Robert Harold Bredl The BareFoot Bushman. This is a heavily-built species with adults approaching or exceeding 2 metres or 6 ft 5 inches in length. Many captive specimens have been recorded at 3 metres or 9 ft 9 inches and slightly above.

for looks only I would say blue tree snake! I still have dreams about them sense holding one wow pictures dont do the blue justice.

Jungles and BHP are very nice also, I think the best way is look over the forum and find what appeals to you. everyone will have different taste and what one likes another may dislike.

Thanks for that Gruni! Learn something everyday :)

I want a 10ft Bredli now... :(

To get to 10ft, would have to be bred large right? then most likely powerfed? Seen alot of fatties but never seen one over 7 ft.

You would probably need to look for a lineage that has shown length as a genetic strength. You don't have to powerfeed a snake to make it grow long they will eventually reach whatever mature size they are going to be, power feeding just gets them there in a hurry. I know a lot of people do and without wanting a flame war I personally don't like the idea for a variety of reasons I have NO intention of pursuing here. The fact sheet does point out that most don't get that long, but it is possible.

Blonde spotteds are a great choice and a pleasure to own. But tbh not all that different from a children's, both are relatively the same size and have the same brown/tan colouration. Children's can be quite spectacular looking especially when you delve into morphs such as the patternless, elcho island, ghost, T+albino and even the caramels, they are anything but boring.

If you're looking for something different and eye-catching, you can't go past a jungle. Not all are snappy and most settle once out of the juvenile phase (as with most varieties of snake). Majority also don't get overly big either, maxing out at anything from 4-6 or so feet making them quite manageable in both handling, housing and feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back