Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the price will be this year? I speculate about $500 each (if previous price rises are anything to go on!)

-H

they could easily sell them for higher/

Australis i wouldnt bet on it..... for the past years they have been for $500

well ive seen alot of people selling em $500 each...... LOL

Is this person a mate or is the reptile not feeding well ????

Repz, all the Amyae I found last year were between $300 - $350. I dont know of anyone asking $500... I would laugh at anyone who tried that price on me!

Repz, all the Amyae I found last year were between $300 - $350. I dont know of anyone asking $500... I would laugh at anyone who tried that price on me!

the last lot of juveniles I advertised at $1000 a pr I could have sold ten times over, whos laughing now???:D :D

So we all understand where i'm coming from, my price speculation comes from the fact that plenty of pairs were being sold last year for $700. The year before, $500. The year before that, $400. $500 each seems to make rough sense.
A few people still cling to those "good-ole-days, thats-what-they-are-worth" pricing, and good on them. Others have decided to capitalise on the fact that the lizards they bought a few years back are now laying small, white, nuggets of gold!

:)

-H

supply and demand, a lot of ppl want them and naff all are being bred, why wouldnt the price go up?? I dont ever remember seeing a price list stating what each species is worth.Remember the days when you could flog tristis and accys for a grand a piece anyone??

I just contacted a keeper, and they are selling theirs for $350 this season, although they are pre-sold, depending on numbers of clutches, and they have only sold a conservative number so as not to disappoint.

Neph, you are spot on! Funny things happen within the herp society, regarding pricing and trends.

Bigweem, anyone who knows me, knows Im not into herps for the $$$$ but for the passion. I could have bred numerous animals for the sake of the dollar, but have moved them on, as I only intend on breeding projects that I have an interest in the outcome. Not saying that I wont sell offspring, but I wouldnt breed with eyes only for money... nor buy to re-sell at a profit.

I just contacted a keeper, and they are selling theirs for $350 this season, although they are pre-sold, depending on numbers of clutches, and they have only sold a conservative number so as not to disappoint.

Neph, you are spot on! Funny things happen within the herp society, regarding pricing and trends.

Bigweem, anyone who knows me, knows Im not into herps for the $$$$ but for the passion. I could have bred numerous animals for the sake of the dollar, but have moved them on, as I only intend on breeding projects that I have an interest in the outcome. Not saying that I wont sell offspring, but I wouldnt breed with eyes only for money... nor buy to re-sell at a profit.

I look forward to your "give away" adds then. Doesnt your toilet have a chain, would save you yanking mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back