Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always loved native animals, reptiles, fish, & birds have always been a favourite. They (reptiles) are fascinating animals, & despite what a lot of people say (apart from users of this site) I reckon they are stunning & beautiful. I love the silent grace of a python, yet it's violent predatory nature is brillant to watch. An ancient & efficient design, just magic. In terms of having a snake as a pet, it doesn't smell, need a lot of room (compared to a dog or cat), once set up is relatively cheap to maintain, aren't noisy, & something different to the norm. What's not to love?

Apart from everything else wonderful about keeping reptiles :p, a huge factor for me is that i'm allergic to cat and dog hair, so a snake is a perfect pet for me!
No allergies, no noise, no mess (compared to dogs/cats), cheap to feed and so interesting to watch, especially at night.
Also for people with limited living space in smaller houses or apartments, reptiles are perfect.

Oh and they can be so cute too :D.

I keep 1 Port Macquarie Carpet python.

Good luck with your essay!

I couldnt pick a specific thing about reptiles in general, i just know that since i was little i loved anything reptile or amphibian.

I love the way snakes move, the changing colour of the scales with the light, the softness of their skin, yet the power in their muscles.
To me their shape is elegant, graceful, fluid and almost effortless.
I often sit and just watch them move, it never ceases to amaze me

Because there cold- blooded and beautiful.There is nothing like a snake, there so different from any other pet you can have.Also snakes are so easy to care for and dont need alot of attention.
cheers

i used to be scared of them, and the idea of a snake as a pet seemed absolutely ludicrous
but i got one (a stimson python) and i learnt not to be afraid of it, and to have it be my friend (even if it secretly hates me)
and now strangely i think it is one of the cutest pets. they're curious animals, and mine does the weirdest things, like getting its nose stuck in the air holes and coiling around the tops of three different objects like a vine.
they're easy to take care of and fascinating to watch and very different to your regular idea of a pet. when hey shed its actually a good thing because i can go and see its growth.. i like checking on the funny positions it likes to stay in for hours on end, and i like the feel of the way they move when they coil around your hands and arms. and i love the patterns.

hope it helps =)

i like herps because of thier uniqueness. also they are very misunderstood and make excellent pets. not all can be held but to watch them is just as good. i own several diifent species of herps from a crocodile through a couple lizards and some pythons. each for me have a unique outstanding quality(s) or characteristic that i find facinating..

Hi

I chose to get and keep a python as I find them fascinating and different as a pet. I also identify with the fact that they are misunderstood by most people and it isn't until they get past their initial judgement (usualy one of replusion or shock :shock:), and get to know the python, they discover a uniquely beautiful, placid wonderful creature. :D :D :D Their low maintenance is also a bonus factor.

I also chose to get a Murray Darling (Inland Carpet Python), because of the placid nature, detailed patterning and high contrast of the SA form. They are also the size I was looking for in a python pet. :D

I have not been a reptile fan for very long. My brother had a snake for a while, and I never got use to the idea that it might tag you.
Recently worked on a site that had a dozen wild eastern bearded dragons. I found them fascinating, and would share my apples and banana’s with them.
Then we went to the Newcastle reptile expo and my wife and kids also fell in love with them.
Caught a delicate skink in the yard and put it into a tub. Kept a pair of them for about twelve months. The children interacted with them, and they were fascinating individuals. Especially when hunting crickets.
Bought two Central Bearded Dragons at this years expo, and while it has been a steel learning curve to learn how to properly help them, (thanks all on this site), they are now part of our family.
They have their own personality, recognise different family members, and interact with us.
If you are stuck for room they make great company, and are less work and more rewarding than fish.

I like reptiles because I heard a bloke at the pub say you can get rich from breeding them. One day I will breed spotted pythons, then I'll buy a Ferrari and a moped that is all blinged up.

Why do I like reptiles? I don;t, I just like to hang around internet chat sites trying to pick up girls.

Just last week I met this really cool 14 year old online. She was really funny, witty and from her pic that she sent me she was really cute. We decided to meet up at the local McDonalds after she finished work. When I got there she told me she was an undercover cop. How cool is that at her age?

I like reptiles because I heard a bloke at the pub say you can get rich from breeding them. One day I will breed spotted pythons, then I'll buy a Ferrari and a moped that is all blinged up.

:lol: Better make that two ferraris.

I grew up in New Zealand were we dont have snakes. It wasn't until I met my partner that I became interested in the hobby.
Yes I was extremely scared of them but education and handling taught me that they are the most unique pet to keep.
Apart from liking reptiles because they are unique, my daugther is allergic to pets with fur and I wanted to teach her the art of responciblilty. Keeping reptiles has helped in that quest. She cleans their tanks, helps defrost the food and gives me a hand at handling our hatchlings.

And I'll give 'em well wicked morph tags like " south western perth creek Maccy Spotted pythons" and rip the kids off blind....but don't tell anyone please Vixen.

Because I always wanted them was I was younger but my parents said no, now I am old enough, have my own place and earn a sh^tload of cash so I can get the reptiles I want ! They are so interesting !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back