Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellini

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could identify a snake I found near my house.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 746
Agree Diamond. Doesn't look very yellow though...

Last edited:
Diamonds are carpet pythons... Morelia spilota spilota, just like Darwins are Morelia spilota veriegata and jungles are Morelia spilota cheynei
yes i know that, im saying it looks more like a coastal or other type of carpet, and since i am no expert on the species that are in newcastle, i just left it as "carpet"

i do actually know my snakes

yes i know that, im saying it looks more like a coastal or other type of carpet

i do actually know my snakes

Perhaps you should have said it looks like a coastal carpet, rather than just "more like a carpet"... you know since you do know your snakes ;).... You would have known that "carpet" covers the whole Morelia ssp..

M.s.spilota. The dull colour's probably due to age, looks like a young snake. Spose it could be a cross between that and mcdowelli but I think Newcastle is too far South. And the patterns on the head say diamond to me.

Perhaps you should have said it looks like a coastal carpet, rather than just "more like a carpet"... you know since you do know your snakes ;).... You would have known that "carpet" covers the whole Morelia ssp..
yeh, ok i could have phrased my comment better

M.s.spilota. The dull colour's probably due to age, looks like a young snake. Spose it could be a cross between that and mcdowelli but I think Newcastle is too far South. And the patterns on the head say diamond to me.
the patterns are brown.....click on it twice, it will enlarge it again

Yes we have taken it down to the bush and let it go. Thanks for all the responses. It was a cute little snake. :)

yeh, ok i could have phrased my comment better

the patterns are brown.....click on it twice, it will enlarge it again

Your phasing was right, saying "it looks more like a carpet" is correct.

Diamonds are Diamonds, carpets are carpets,

You don't go around saying a Diamond Carpet snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back