Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate like everyone said its a daimond butt as they go further north they cross with coastals so you get like an inbetween ive herd of heaps like that your way
sick snake to find!!!

Could be an integrade, hence the coastal and diamond suggestions...

It is a little south for one tho.

....... You would have known that "carpet" covers the whole Morelia ssp..

Don't want to picky but it's a sweeping statement - "carpet" does not cover Morelia carinata and M. viridis. IMO they shouldn't be in that genus anyway.

Don't want to picky but it's a sweeping statement - "carpet" does not cover Morelia carinata and M. viridis. IMO they shouldn't be in that genus anyway.
Why do you think that? What are the definitive characteristics that determine what is Morelia?

Why do you think that? What are the definitive characteristics that determine what is Morelia?

I am not a taxonomist, so I won't argue my point, I said IMO. The are so different morphologically and even more so in their ecology.

I am not a taxonomist, so I won't argue my point, I said IMO. The are so different morphologically and even more so in their ecology.
Haha ok fair enough. I wasn't trying to start an argument (you seem to be having a few of those lately :p). Was more just curious than anything

actually you did
No Morelia is a genus. To be completely correct he would have had to say Morelia spilota sp....which I just noticed he did in his last post (sorry Red-Ink :p)

You would have known that "carpet" covers the whole Morelia ssp..

Now I am going to be really picky Lizardboii. :D Morelia ssp. doesn't mean anything - just a wrong way to put it. Morelia spilota group or Morelia spp. would cover all the species on the morelia genus.
Also, whilst Morelia spilota is in italics, sp. or spp. is not.
I know, a smartasse:D

Last edited:
You would have known that "carpet" covers the whole Morelia ssp..

Now I am going to be really picky Lizardboii. :D Morelia ssp. doesn't mean anything - just a wrong way to put it. Morelia spilota group or Morelia spp. would cover all the species on the morelia genus.
Also, whilst Morelia spilota is in italics, sp. or spp. is not.
I know, a smartasse:D

:lol:

So just to be clear it's a diamond right? (couldn't help myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back