will lace monitors eat cats????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teenie2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my cat went missing two weeks ago and now a person over the roads cat has dissapeared also.. i have seen a large lace monitor on their yard before as the yard adjoins bushland.. so im wondering if a lace monitor will take a cat.. both were only just over 1 yr old so were on the smaller side ... any info appreciated... thanks teenie

I'd be more concerned that your cats have been used as shark bait ...its happened before around that area .a mate of mine lived at Umina many years ago and a neighbour of hers was busted getting cats for that reason ..

I dont want to start something, and i hope nothing bad has happened to your cat because i do love cats. But it should have been kept inside the house.

thanks redbelly.. i really hope thats not the case.. very disturbing to imagine that.. i have 4 other cats.. i think if i catch some1 doing that ill be goin to jail for a long time..
and jay.. thanks, i respect your views but i have to say i totally disagree, but hey, were all entitled to our own opinion..

Sorry that you lost a pet, perhaps be more careful with your other cats if you actually care for them. I must say though i find it funny when this sort of thing happens. If you let cats wander they not only kill stuff but can also get killed as well.

On ''Australia's Funniest Home Video Show'' last night, there was a Lacie that tried to attack a cat, it nearly got it too..........

Lets just hope there are a few Lacies around there and your cat population will help support our native fauna for once hehehe

well cris i see your point but i find it funny how people say these things.. thats just nature isnt it.. i wasnt bitchin about a lizard gettin him i was just asking if it was possible.. cats and dogs are only domesitcated because we as humans decided they are.. we even decide thier diet for them,, what cat naturally lives on the ocean???? im sure they like more than fish..
but basically they are wild animals by nature so who am i /we to say whether or not they can go out.. yes they kill wildlife, wildlife that kills other wildlife..
should we make lions and tigers wear bells and get microchips..
should wolves be made to wear elec collars to stop them howling as is natural to them.. they to are cats and dogs, we just decided we dont wont them at home becuase they might eat us,, very selective are we humans and a bit godlike in deciding what species will do what.. i believe animals should be allowed to be animals
look i dont want to argue with people, i just asked a simple question, if you dont want to answer that then please keep your replys and greenie opinions to yourself.. i respect your views so please respect mine.. but im not here for that

Whoops............ the cat has been let out the bag !!! hahahaha

teenie2

your opinions are based on a wildly misunderstood concept of australias ecosystem. therefor your opinions on cats and dogs being allowed to freely make there way into the environment as a preditor and prey is flawed, and incorrect. your cat, is an exotic unnecessary predator, unatural and does NOT have its place in Australias circle of life, and never will sit happily in a balance... in the same position as a cane toad.

i wont bother making my way back to this thread.

the answer to your Question is 'yes, a lace monitor could take down a cat'

the end.

thanks HTA.. you outlined my point.. who brought those animals here.. the same people that brought over the cane toad.. i cant change what my predecessors did, i can only try to let my animals live as free as possible..

thanks HTA.. you outlined my point.. who brought those animals here.. the same people that brought over the cane toad.. i cant change what my predecessors did, i can only try to let my animals live as free as possible..
So i take it ur bredli's and diamonds are freerange?????

please keep your replys and greenie opinions to yourself.. i respect your views

obviously you don't respect our opinions, actually...Letting your cat roam free is unleashing an animal that our eco system isn't designed to cope with, and it is NOT natural that there should be cats roaming around. you sayin that other wildlife kill wildlife too is true, but cats kill it in such greater numbers that our native predators are now insignificant...anyway, hope the lacie didn't get it, because i actually do like cats,and have a few myself, I just don't think that they should be allowed to wreak havoc on the native animals.

James

True, you can't change the fact that these animals are here, but you can control the impact your pet cats have on the wildlife, correct? Why would you knowingly let your cats roam your area, knowing that there are native animals in the bush that surrounds your house, and your cats are killing them?:shock:

I love cats, and when i have my own house i will get one, but i can assure you there will always be a pane of glass or a door between my cat and the little critters outside.

well cris i see your point but i find it funny how people say these things.. thats just nature isnt it.. i wasnt bitchin about a lizard gettin him i was just asking if it was possible.. cats and dogs are only domesitcated because we as humans decided they are.. we even decide thier diet for them,, what cat naturally lives on the ocean???? im sure they like more than fish..
but basically they are wild animals by nature so who am i /we to say whether or not they can go out.. yes they kill wildlife, wildlife that kills other wildlife..
should we make lions and tigers wear bells and get microchips..
should wolves be made to wear elec collars to stop them howling as is natural to them.. they to are cats and dogs, we just decided we dont wont them at home becuase they might eat us,, very selective are we humans and a bit godlike in deciding what species will do what.. i believe animals should be allowed to be animals
look i dont want to argue with people, i just asked a simple question, if you dont want to answer that then please keep your replys and greenie opinions to yourself.. i respect your views so please respect mine.. but im not here for that

Surely this is a G up as noone could possibly be that stupid as to come on a reptile forum and proudly announce that they let their cat wander and kill the animals that most of us keep. surely it is is a massive wined up.. it has to be...
If its not a wind up i think we have a winner of the idiot of 09 thread

It is cruel to let a cat out in a suburban or bush area, if you have issues for keeping cats inside then you should not be keeping any. Cats get hit by cars daily, eaten by goannas, killed by snakes, killed by people with a strong dislike to them (and there are plenty of those people around). Cats should be kept indoors or not kept at all.

Perhaps it is more likely that in letting your cat live naturally something natural like a car has run it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back