will lace monitors eat cats????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont mean they are less aggressive
i meant they become more affectionate towards u becauase they are less preoccupied by hunting other cats and a all the other outdoor stimulation

Yes indoor cats tend to be much more affectionate towards their owners compared to outdoor cats but this also has to do with the fact that they spend a lot more time laying around with their owners and rely on their owner for food, they still do have the killer instinct though and fortunatly indoors there is no wildlife for them to kill (the wildlife is replaced by toys). I am a strong animal lover but somehow I cannot warm to cats, however I would never wish any harm upon anybodies pet! I also cannot warm to people that know what their cats are capable of but still continue to let them roam free and really dont give a stuff about any other creature except their 'perfect' pet.

It doesnt just happen in the cat world ..When I use to live in the subs of Sydney ...my neighbour after dark ..would let his dogs roam the streets ,cause the dog catchers only use to only do it in the day ...God only knows what those dogs got up too ...
Everytime a cat is mentioned on here it becomes a OUT CRY and threats and crap like that ...but if a post is put up of DOG BITES MY BLUEY etc ..well ironically you say thats the gamble it takes when it goes into the backyard ...no, if you really gave a crap your dog would be locked up where it couldnt get to wildlife venturing into the yard at night and do your utmost to stop it by day ..dog pens can work well ..see it can work both ways ..just that cats have more ability to get out and not as many are contained like dogs ...DOGS can and do damage to wildlife too. If you are aware of your surroundings and you happen to live in bushland wether you own a dog or a cat DO THE RIGHT THING by all ..
This isnt to have a shot at anyone ..just showing the other side of the coin that alot seem to forget is there ..

Yes indoor cats tend to be much more affectionate towards their owners compared to outdoor cats but this also has to do with the fact that they spend a lot more time laying around with their owners and rely on their owner for food, they still do have the killer instinct though and fortunatly indoors there is no wildlife for them to kill (the wildlife is replaced by toys). I am a strong animal lover but somehow I cannot warm to cats, however I would never wish any harm upon anybodies pet! I also cannot warm to people that know what their cats are capable of but still continue to let them roam free and really dont give a stuff about any other creature except their 'perfect' pet.
could not agree more
U seem to word this better than me

i dont want to jump into this debate but all ill say is LOL at the thought of a lacie sickn a cat

I am closing this thread as I am sure you all know by now where these threads lead....

I am quite flabbergasted that someone in this day and age and with all the knowledge that is out there, feel that it is OK to let your cat wander around outside at night as it is'natural and free' and be unaware of all the damage they do even if it seems as insignificant as peeing all round the neighbours cars and yard.
Tigers and Lions are native to the area they come from and keep the balance in those areas, so saying they should wear a bell etc is utter nonsense.
Bit like saying a Lacie should wear a bell....
They mentioned on the news tonight that they may be bringing in laws to NSW that it is indeed breaking the law to allow your cat to wander around at night....about time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back