will my snake be ok

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunking sticky tape in cold water will do absolutely nothing but make the snake cold, You should use luke-warm water with a drop of washing detergent in it (Detergent makes water more wet-If that makes sence) and it would have come off in no time.

There is an antiseptic powder that you can get from a chemist that you can also use of reptiles, Savlon cream would also work as it is very mild.

Hope that helps

If the snake has an open wound then get it to a vet, put some betadine or iodine on it for the time being to help fight any infections getting into the wound.

hey guys i found that i did this post for nothing because when we got the sticky tape off we didnt cause any harm i thought my accident ripped some but he didn't but thanks anyway cheers haydz

Lesson Learnt?????????

#############################################

NOBODY USE TAPE OF ANY DESCRIPTION ANYWHERE YOUR SNAKE OR REPTILE MAY GET TO.

#############################################

hi There guys this time its Paul, just to set this whole messy story right what happened was there was a peice of wide tape on the background in the enclosure it was sealing a gap that the little bugger was getting in behind it must have peeled off slightly overnight, and the snake while trying to get behind the background got the caught on the tape, the snake had curled its self around the tape, and l had a hell of a tme getting it off, but we put him in some luke warm water and gently got it off, the snake was a bit stressed but l can report that he is fine and back to his old frisky snappy self, so no more tape in the enclosure lesson learn,t thanks kersten for your help and also mr bredi hayden was more stressed than the snake, sorry if he confused you all but sometimes he does have trouble saying what he means, you get used to it after a while and as for me l am the one to blame for the tape, guess l will have to sit in the corner for an hour

Cheers Paul

Glad to hear everything is ok mate. Considering the circumstances, i think 30 mins in the naughty corner should suffice :wink:

pauken said:
hi There guys this time its Paul, just to set this whole messy story right what happened was there was a peice of wide tape on the background in the enclosure it was sealing a gap that the little bugger was getting in behind it must have peeled off slightly overnight, and the snake while trying to get behind the background got the caught on the tape, the snake had curled its self around the tape, and l had a hell of a tme getting it off, but we put him in some luke warm water and gently got it off, the snake was a bit stressed but l can report that he is fine and back to his old frisky snappy self, so no more tape in the enclosure lesson learn,t thanks kersten for your help and also mr bredi hayden was more stressed than the snake, sorry if he confused you all but sometimes he does have trouble saying what he means, you get used to it after a while and as for me l am the one to blame for the tape, guess l will have to sit in the corner for an hour

Cheers Paul

Everyone makes mistakes. I had a similar incident with a bandaid, after 20 years of keeping herps. If it doesnt come off with a minimum of stress, leave it on until the next slough, particularily if it is on the eye.

I was going to suggest something similar Olive. I was going to tell them to trim it down very carefully (a job for adults definitely) and leave it till the next shed.

Someone once told me that. Thought it was better than trying to rip off sticky tape.

I can't stand sticky tape- so my husband would be the one doing it. Can't stand the stuff!

Glad it all turned out okay.

I think some blue-tack would be a much safer option. Glad to hear its alright.

30 minutes is up?

What does that mean Pauken? Was there a reference to half an hour somewhere that I missed?

He was sent to the naughty corner for having sticky tape in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back