will my snake be ok

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god. People who give that sort of advice should not be allowed to own snakes *shivers*

I'm just dumbfounded at how he was told numerous times not to use tape, and why, yet he still seemed to do it.

I don't think we could have made it any clearer Haydz.. and now the snake suffers..
I don't think that we could have made it any clearer that Haydz is an autistic child, which means that this is a situation which requires a little more patience and understanding than normal. Or perhaps if that can't be mustered, then those who are fed up or unable to understand or offer assistance could simply leave the kid in peace.

Haydz, perhaps when dad and mum finish work they could hop online and fill us in a bit more so those of us who are willing to help out can do so with a little more information. Cheers, Kersten.

Leave the kid in peace to continue causing harm to animals.. you are dead set kidding.. :roll: Hopefully this experience will teach him to listen to people who know what they're talking about.

No actually that is not what I said, read it properly. I went on to ask him to have his parents come on so we can talk to them directly. Don't put words in my mouth in order to justify your intolerance please. It is not about whether or not he is listening, but whether or not he understands. Before you assume that he is not listening, perhaps you should educate yourself about his condition. Maybe this experience could teach you about respecting the emotional wellbeing of people in different situations to yourself.

Yeah, then his parents can say "Look Haydz, they told you so." :roll: What's the difference?

.. and don't you lecture me about the emotional well being of people.. you don't know anything about me or my life or what i've seen or the people i've helped..

The difference may be in the fact that they can sit down and talk to him properly, in a situation where he is not being flooded with information from a few varied sources which in some cases may be contradicting other advice, leading to his confusion. As pointed out before, he has possibly been told to use sticky tape to help shed, which would be a direct contradiction to what the rest of us were saying. To a child who has little experience, it can be extremely confusing, and he'd not know which person to believe.

I haven't lectured you yet. And I have a very good idea about the wellbeing of children, I have two of my own. And I'd hate to have them ask for advice and be belittled or told they were hurting the thing they love simply because they don't know which person to listen to.

Yes Kersten, i agree that his parents will hopefully be able to talk to him properly, but does that mean nobody else should try and point out his errors - especially such blatant ones? Just leave it all to the parents, who apparently don't have much herp experience themselves?

Leave it to the parents to help him understand what we are trying to tell him. It's not hard to upest him, as has been seen in the past.

I have seen much more blatant neglect and ignorance of right advice in adults that have no exuse.

At least he's asking about it.

Some people need to look in their own backyard first, like many people who give advice on snakes that clearly have no idea and give out downright dangerous advice at times..

With any luck there wont be any internet access there

In a way I agree with Mr Bredli, his parents should be the ones responsable for the snake and how it is set up, especially if haydz is unable to comprehend not putting sticky tape into an enclosure. No matter how it is said or worded, it is the snake that will suffer and that is not acceptable. You wouldn't let it happen to a dog, so why is it acceptable for a snake. I understand and do not blame haydz, but non the less someone should make sure the animal is correctly housed and cared for. Haydz dad is on here and should be asking questions about how to house and look after the animal if he is unsure. Not only that, the person who sold him the animal should have given him all the advice required to house a hatchling. There are many ways which ppl keep the same species, but almost everyone will tell you not to use sticky tape of any kind in an enclosure. JMO

There's a lot of people you could say that about that have snakes I reckon.

He is 10, if anyone wants to have a go at anyone, it should be at his parents.

Many people have made that mistake with tape a couple of years ago, many have made mistakes with gaps in light fittings and their snake cooking to death, many have made the mistake of leaving their enclosure open and losing their snakes forever...many adult keepers have done these mistakes despite all the warnings. He's done it already...now he's asking for help, so lets help. I can't think of anything else to offer than what has already been said.

Man, my dad left the door open on my carpet pythons house once! Thank god we found it...in the neighbours garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back