Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_brown

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Hey guys so pretty much what ive been seeing is my stimmi not coming out of his hide AT ALL... i change the scenery Yday chucked some bricks and some branches and because i thought he was stressed i chucked a towel over the enclosure just to make him feel a bit safe.. ( cuz my siblings keep coming into my room and looking what the guy is doing.. is there anything i should do cause feeding day was yday but i didnt want to feed him cuz his been hiding.. normally i see him out and about his been doing this for awhile and i changed the bedding to.. im getting really worried :(

is there a heatmat under the enclosure where the hide is sitting? if so that could be the reason for him just staying in there

check the hide and see how he is going. some of my snakes hide all day and come out wen i am asleep. i still feed them just leave the food out over night if its not eaten by morning chuck the food out.

My little spotted girl sometimes keeps to herself for a few days in one of her hides - especially after eating. If I haven't seen much movement after 2 or 3 days, I just bring her out for a little cuddle and she wanders around the room, then curls up asleep in my blouse. I try to pat or cuddle her everyday, but sometimes they probably just need some "alone" time, like people do.

Maybe he is under one of the bricks? You arent related to Fulmer are you? :shock::lol:

Maybe stop changing his scenery around? It will prolly take him a while to get used to the new toys? And dont stress so much? He might be picking up on your anxiety? If any of mine are in thier hide on feed day (highly unlikely ;)) I just lift the hide off them and dangle a rat in front of them.... that gets thier attention :shock: and they fly out of the hide at warp factor 9 :lol:

As sax said, he might be in shed cycle..... how is the temps in his enclosure? How old is it? Does he seem/look healthy enough when you do see him?

temp in the warm side is around 33C so should be alright... well he just shed like 3 weeks ago doubt his gonna shed again lol :D ummmm NO DEFFS not related to fulmer why u say that? yeh i might let him be in there for now and take him out tomorrow and maybe feed him too.. i shud stop stressing

I think fulmer will be forever in our hearts now. For years to come fulmer will be the butt of many, many jokes. For that, I thank him.

They still can shed after just 3 weeks, ive heard of some that have shed again a week after their previous shed, my spotty shed 4 weeks after the last one, when she normally sheds every 5-6 weeks.
Awesome whats the next snake gonna be?

I think fulmer will be forever in our hearts now. For years to come fulmer will be the butt of many, many jokes. For that, I thank him.

I always look for snakes when I open my bedside drawer now. :)

I would go bredli but thats just me :)
He's probably just chillin out in the hide, havin a few lazy days ;)

Yeah, would be terrible to put on some clean undies and find two snakes in them :shock: Especially if you need to 'syphon the python' and you grab the wrong one :lol:

sa9yhyhe.jpg

I found this snake in drawers once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back