Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would still hold off on the second snake for a bit. His enclosure change shouldn't be of any consequence as I often change mine around with no noticable change to Skittles' behaviour. After a feed leave him for atleast 2 or 3 days, I wait intil mine is active and cruising again.

Just a thought... did you see how the breeder kept him? Mine was kept in a translucent click clack where she couldn't really see out in a rack in the breeders shed, for her the glass tank was a big adjustment. Maybe yours is still getting used to things, for a snake I've been told a week is almost like a day, so a month really isn't long. Overall it sounds like you are doing fine though.

thanks gruni... i dont something im still thinking about ( knowing my ill go buy it ) yeh it was in a click clack with other snakes i bought it from a pet shop who is a sponsor from here thats where i might be buying my bredli from... my older brother has a baby and he sometimes does walk into my room with a crying baby to see what my snake is doing its probably stressing the snake out a bit... i told my bro to leave him alone and not to come to my room till the snake gets used to everything i reckon thats why the snake has been hiding. not really hiding cause i can see snake trails on the substrate but not coming out while im around cuz the enclosure is in my room cause my parents hates snakes and my other one will be in my room too

I'd agree with CaptainRatbag, to keep the Stimmie in a click clack in the big enclosure. When I got my Stimmie he was 6 months old and I kept him in a click clack in his big enclosure for around the first 12 - 15 months of his life (until I thought he was getting a bit big for the click clack) before I put him in his 'forever home'. He was how your Stimmie sounds when he was younger, he wouldn't bite when he was handled, but he was very nervous and would hide away in his hide when he noticed movement. Now when he sees me he is a big pain in the butt and comes to the door of his enclosure expecting to come out! :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think the sound of a baby will affect the snake, I still think it's about how close to the tank you get and how frequently... but that is just a guess.

Each snake is different and mine was 13mths old and 70cm when I brought him home and I put him straight into his tank, he settled in really well without the use of any sort of click clack. We just made a point of not going right up to the tank and watching him more from a distance. Maybe yours is simply a shy snake, especially if he is content enough when you handle him.

Well he just ate so his just chilling in his hide I'm assuming he will be out today and I will handle him everyday for around 2-4 mins just to get him more used to me cause I really haven't been doing that I was more worried about him settling down

I don't think the sound of a baby will affect the snake, I still think it's about how close to the tank you get and how frequently... but that is just a guess.

Unless the baby is in the enclosure with the snake? Then it might effect the snake for sure.... especially a decent sized olive or scrubbie :shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back