Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the calico bhps are australian and start fading at around 2ish,similar to this bredli.thats why i think its the same morph,just different species.
cheers
simon

yeah i never thought of calico's in that way but i spose it is a very similar trait to the burms and balls that i have read about.

ok now you have shifted my view from hybrid to fader.:) (does any one else want to change my opinion again):)

cheers Dayle

i think i should also state(before people jump down my throat) that i dont think its identical to the calico morph, it has some noticable differences,just seems similar and seems to work in a similar way.in the future we may find out if its hereditary or not.
cheers
simon

have you visited this site in the last six months.....if you have more than 2000 post you are god. :)
yeah i think that is bullhit about how many posts you have means how experienced you are. thats a load of crap. you see people with over 1000 posts still asking questions and over 2000 as well. its just rediculous

who cares if it looks ugly?? If it's a heritable trait, who knows what stunning creatures it could produce. Hopefully it is male so it can be bred to a lot of different females.

What sort of bredli do people reckon would be the best match to produce great looking offspring? Hypo or hyper? Or perhaps just a normal?

ok guys. want to here something exciting???
the first bredli shown in this thread. ie the male
bred by roy pails. is 100% pure. i went in today to ask him personally...
he admits he has bred hybrids. but assures us that all his bredlis are in fact 100% pure.
he even stated that if he had have known this was going to happen he would not have sold it. as he heard about the female fetching $5000
how do you like those apples!!!!!

com'on no-two with all the arm chair experts on here, of course they will jump to an uneducated guess as they can't explain the reasoning before or behind the change. They can't even take the word of people who have seen it in the flesh before and after.

It's not the prettiest thing in my eyes but its still a bredli at the end of the day.
And if it was my animal i would be happy enough with it............... the ugly ones need loving too :)

You're completly right, and it's definaltey not the prettiest looking animal, of the numerous times I've seen it I think it looked great early in the change, it was purple and blue and all sorts of colours, as you can see from the pictures allready posted (they're quiet recent from what I understand) it's darked up alot and isn't really my cup of tea.

Yes it could be a cross but posts say it is pure Bredli. So taking that on face value...
Is it just because there's only been couple of recorded instances that this Bredli must be something else like a hybrid or its ill. It's survived for a few years now so I would think the snake being ill could be ruled out.
Why can't it just be a random color anomoly?
I'm sure a few of you have seen Colin's black male Jungle on here. It was a normal looking Jungle (by normal I simply mean black & yellow) and where most Jungles' color fades and/or washes out as they age, this particular Jungle started losing all it's yellow and turning black unlike any other Jungle. Now it is almost solid black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back