Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
even if it was some sort of a morph it doesnt look like a desirable morph

how can you be 100% its a hybrid, it looks just like a bredli just strange in colouration, and tell me were do you see MD in it, i keep looking and all i see is bredli. i'd like to see the change in oppinions when someone breed these and produces something out of this world.

how can you be 100% its a hybrid, it looks just like a bredli just strange in colouration, and tell me were do you see MD in it, i keep looking and all i see is bredli. i'd like to see the change in oppinions when someone breed these and produces something out of this world.

no one said they where 100% on a MDxbredli but from those belly scales and the greyish completion it is a possiblity thats all we were saying.

cheers D

It's a bredli, looked like a perfectly normal bredli for the first couple of years of its life before these changes began to occur.

dtulip10
no one said they where 100% on a MDxbredli but from those belly scales and the greyish completion it is a possiblity thats all we were saying.

cheers D

fare enough, but ur talking about the colour looking md or the patterns? cause i still see only bredli
in the patterns, remember it's not normal colouration.

As Mr Bredli said, it looked like a standar brelid prior to the change, it's definatley a bredli. If you were to see photos before the change you wouldn't have said it was a hybrid.

com'on no-two with all the arm chair experts on here, of course they will jump to an uneducated guess as they can't explain the reasoning before or behind the change. They can't even take the word of people who have seen it in the flesh before and after.

It's not the prettiest thing in my eyes but its still a bredli at the end of the day.
And if it was my animal i would be happy enough with it............... the ugly ones need loving too :)

ok to clear this up im going to go into pails for scales with pictures of the ones on here and ask roy himself if this snake is pure bred bredli. or if its a hybrid. how does that settle things with people?
if his not in tomorrow ill go in on monday...

I can clear a few things...

the male bredli was bred by roy pails, sold to another, (changed colour at 2y.o) and then sold again. male is probably 3.5 years now. The female bredli came from urs as a hatchie and changed colour at around 2y.o also, kept for a total of 4-4.5 years and then sold. probably now 5.5 years old.

Bob clark has said it is most likely the fader morph you see in burmese pythons overseas.

i love how everyone jumps on the hybrid bandwagon when something a little different pops up.
it isn't a new morph . this "fader"(also called other things) morph has been overseas for a while in a number of species( a google search should find it as well as trawling through the overseas forums).
i've seen it in one other snake in australia,a coastal in bundaberg.it was unusual but a bit bland and i've got to say the bredli looks better.it could possibly be the same ,or similar morph that produces the calico bhp's.
alot more morphs are likely pop up with line breeding being .sure,people will be crossbreeding and trying to pass them off a pure,(i even know a local bloke who has done this,but insists he is dead against it),but in this case ,its a proven morph thats already out there,so why so many doubters.it has an obvious bredli head and bredli pattern,so i'm not suspicious.
cheers
simon

ok so no need to go in. oh well i probly will anyway lol for a look. yeah to me it looks like a bredli. i can definately see the bredli head and patterns. im with slimebo on his one.

dtulip10

cheers D

fare enough, but ur talking about the colour looking md or the patterns? cause i still see only bredli
in the patterns, remember it's not normal colouration.

the colour and the stomach patterns look similar to a MD.and yes the patterns on the snakes back do look like bredli.

i love how everyone jumps on the hybrid bandwagon when something a little different pops up.
it isn't a new morph . this "fader"(also called other things) morph has been overseas for a while in a number of species( a google search should find it as well as trawling through the overseas forums).
i've seen it in one other snake in australia,a coastal in bundaberg.it was unusual but a bit bland and i've got to say the bredli looks better.it could possibly be the same ,or similar morph that produces the calico bhp's.
alot more morphs are likely pop up with line breeding being .sure,people will be crossbreeding and trying to pass them off a pure,(i even know a local bloke who has done this,but insists he is dead against it),but in this case ,its a proven morph thats already out there,so why so many doubters.it has an obvious bredli head and bredli pattern,so i'm not suspicious.
cheers
simon

i have heard of 'faders' when talking about balls and Burmese but not an Australian python. but like you said with line breeding more morphological changes are going to appear in our collections.

cheers Dayle

i have heard of 'faders' when talking about balls and Burmese but not an Australian python. but like you said with line breeding more morphological changes are going to appear in our collections.

cheers Dayle

the calico bhps are australian and start fading at around 2ish,similar to this bredli.thats why i think its the same morph,just different species.you get albino's in different species as well as hypos,hypers ,leuy's, granites,axanthic,etc. no reason this morph wont start popping up around the place in the near future in different species.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back