Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was tricky question kids. Blind snake can see only if is dark or light. So he hctually see dark and light.

Question 5.

Why some snakes like Woma, Brown snake or Taipan have darker colouring durong winter months?

because these snakes tend to go underground in this period (arent getting natural lighting conditions from sun etc.) and once the right season comes back so do there colours.

To absorb more heat as darker colours such as black attract the heat.

I reakon they need more heat to survive because of the cold waether

many of you had this one right. But Sobrien was first, so he get 1 point for this one.
To absorb more heat as darker colours such as black attract the heat.

question 6

Most colubrids like Brown tree snake ''Boiga irregularis'' are called harmless snakes. They do have poison, but they are not danger to people.
Why?

Points after question 5 are

Sobrien ........ 2
Poppets ........ 1
Python guy44........ 1

Oh cr@p.. just when I thought I finnaly got to a Trivia question just after it was posted instead of a day later, and it turns out to be the kiddies one... sorry.. :-(

boiga fusca are rear fanged and they have to really bite down and 'chew' to inject any venom. it is also a semi mild venom and considered less dangerous. i was bitten by my bts on thursday and she really bit down on me and started chewing at my skin, didn't hurt but got a little head ache afterwoods, don't know if the head ache was related but oh well

LOL Nicole. Feeling young today? Leve the young hansom lads along. :D

Well done Morelia man 1 point to you

Points after question 6 are

Sobrien ........ 2
Poppets ........ 1
Python guy44........ 1
Morelia man........1

Question 6.

What is scientific name for New Guinea small-eyed snake?

it is called pailsus rossignolii or it could be cryptophis nigrescens or
microphecis ikaheka :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back